• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hey Everyone!

js29

Reaction score
it's teadeous and a royal pain but one option would be too take black urethane and use what is called flatining agent. measure a little at a time,add it in too a pint use test panals until you get the disierd shade you will want. by measuring how many onces you use and wrighing it down you can duplicait it again too a larger amount by proportion

Jalaska907

Reaction score
Well, bad news on the Organosol. They wont ship to Alaska. So I will go the alternate route, and use a urethane with flatting agent.

moparleo

Reaction score
If you are going to have Mark restore the car, he will probably prefer for you not to do any thing unless its safety related. He will want the parts as original as possible. Stick with the factory plugs which are Champion N-9Y or RN9Y. I have found after many years in the automotive repair business that the oem plugs are usually the best choice for any make of car. Mopar has mostly always used Champion. Ford used Autolite. Gm used AC. Your import cars all used import mfg sparkplugs. These cars were engineered and factory tuned using these products by the millions.

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
urethane should hold up the best! as a matter of fact on an episode of graveyard cars.they did that exact same thing on a aar cuda ,so i am not the only body man too have done this. also working with ruff fiber glass i found a product called feather fill polyester primer surfacer made by evarcoat too do the trick

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Make sure all the paint is off the hood before going with the urethane. If you don't have the hood clean your paint will have the texture of a prune.

Jalaska907

Reaction score
I got the old paint off the hood, I took the hood over to a friend of mine who owns a body shop. I will let him work his magic. I put champion plugs back in the car already. The hood and car have been repainted before, so stripping the flaking paint off the hood and getting it painted, wont hurt for originality. If you guys want to follow my resto, I started a thread in the restorations section.

Back