• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hey, yellowdartdave! (And others, for your amusement.)

ramenth

Reaction score
I understand from past posts you worked on our cars when they were new. And I understand you worked for a little dealership, but I'm sure you worked on some sporty little A-bodies and some big block B's and E's.

I'll share a few experiences of my own and want to see if they jive with any you may have had. Or any other dealership techs.

I'm Ford certified. Yeah, yeah, I know, but it paid the bills. And I can bring my Ford expertise to my shop in Ford country, when the dealership wants to charge through the nose, but I can cure the problem less expensively. But I digress.

I was detailing my business partner's wife's 2000 Mustang 'vert, 3.8L the other day (yeah, I detail, too) and was reminiscing about some of the Mustangs I've had a chance to play with: GT500's, P-51's, 427R's. A lot of these wound up in my bays for driveability issues. Test drives! :thumbsup:

And then they'd hand me the repair order for a V6 car. After driving and playing with the V8 cars the first thing which grabbed me was "hey! where's the rest of the engine?" Or making comments about the "pony car" being powered by a minivan engine (which would piss off similar Mustang owning co-workers.)

Just wondering if anyone else had this kind of thing going on in their lives. Get used to a certain breed, then have the keys of the "little brother" thrown to 'em and think to themselves, "this just ain't right."

Reaction score
As I stated in my 71 340 Cuda Conv. thread, I worked at a very small 2 car showroom C/P dealership. Basically mom and pop basic transport stuff.
I did everything but engine, trans and rear-end rebuilds. Mostly warranty stuff and I was the squeak, noise and water leak expert. They called me Weasel because I could change cluster lights from below without having to take the cluster out.
I did all the dealer preps on new cars but the volume was low so I did other work.
My favorites were the New Yorkers with the big block 4 bbls.
Excellent for the intake moan and block long burnouts.

ramenth

Reaction score
As I stated in my 71 340 Cuda Conv. thread, I worked at a very small 2 car showroom C/P dealership. Basically mom and pop basic transport stuff.
I did everything but engine, trans and rear-end rebuilds. Mostly warranty stuff and I was the squeak, noise and water leak expert. They called me Weasel because I could change cluster lights from below without having to take the cluster out.
I did all the dealer preps on new cars but the volume was low so I did other work.
My favorites were the New Yorkers with the big block 4 bbls.
Excellent for the intake moan and block long burnouts.

Oh, boy! Fun times to be had by all.

'Cause of my collision work background, the one dealership I worked at would load me up with the wind noise and water leaks. But it sure beat the heck out of getting stuck with a heater core in a Taurus.

And the bane of my existence was the mystery suspension noises when soccer mom would come in and hear a noise in her Expedition. The danged thing would be full of soccer and football equipment, all rattling around in the back, and I'm supposed to hear one little squeak amongst all the clattering and banging going in the interior.

Back