• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hired! version II

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Well, I just finished signing the acceptance letter for a new job.
Been 6 months and I am more than ready. The wife, pocketbook, retirement funding, and last but not least the car projects are also...
It is a medical device company that produces all of their tooling in house locally. :icon_thumright:
For each of the last 3 years they have produced around 110 new injection molds. Their forecast for this coming year is set to be over 130. I know their assertion is correct because I know someone already on the inside.

Only issue is the drive is 35 miles each way. Plus is that I will be traveling opposite of the bulk of the (California eek) traffic.

Will be time soon (very soon) to get a good mileage transportation car. Of course after my probation time and that I also feel comfortable in the new surroundings.
My truck (Dakota R/T) only gets about 12 mpg. Highway or around town doesn't seem to matter, it's going to get expensive quick. Best gas mileage car we have is the 68 Mustang. Something must be wrong with this picture.

Mike.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Good luck with the new job. I feel your pain with the travel over $100 in fuel each week. Congrats

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Thanks all...

Interview was early last week and I pretty much expected an offer.
Midway through the interview (almost 2 hours) it went from me selling my abilities to them selling all their company opportunities and benefits to me.

Like it.
Going in open minded though. Already had my career job. Will never work at another place for 27 years so if this doesn't pan out I will move on again.
Not arrogant just "established" so I can/will focus more on my life and family.
uh and of course Mopars...

Mike.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Just want to throw this out there about how jacked up the insurance system is...
3 weeks into the new job and I am going through the endless supply of new hire paperwork. As I am signing up for their insurance, they carry the same company as my wife's. I will be saving more than $800.00 a month carrying her and the kid on mine instead of the other way. Same ins company and all the same basic plans. The only difference is that the company she works for is small and my new digs is fairly large privately owned place.

Completely and utterly ludicrous to have such a large disparity for the same coverage.

Ok rant over...

BTW new place seems to be going well.

Ray

Reaction score
Sounds like things are going in a Positive direction. The insurance savings should help out with your gas expenses.

Bill

Reaction score
Sounds like you definitely have your priorities straight. “Family first”. I commute 35 miles into work almost every day but I live in the boondocks of Vermont and only pass 4 cars 3 deer, 1 bear and 2 moose on the way so it’s not too bad. lol Happy Thanksgiving Mike!
Thanks all...

Interview was early last week and I pretty much expected an offer.
Midway through the interview (almost 2 hours) it went from me selling my abilities to them selling all their company opportunities and benefits to me.

Like it.
Going in open minded though. Already had my career job. Will never work at another place for 27 years so if this doesn't pan out I will move on again.
Not arrogant just "established" so I can/will focus more on my life and family.
uh and of course Mopars...

Mike.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Sounds like you definitely have your priorities straight. “Family first”. I commute 35 miles into work almost every day but I live in the boondocks of Vermont and only pass 4 cars 3 deer, 1 bear and 2 moose on the way so it’s not too bad. lol Happy Thanksgiving Mike!

You say it like it is easy. I originally hale from Wisconsin and the wildlife is occasionally harder to avoid while driving then the other cars are.

Yes, there was definitely a priority moment. Immediately after I quit, I was offered a contract position from one of the "company's" customers to continue helping them out with a pump project we had been working on for 12 years. It was a "name your price" offer. As much as it hurt, I turned it down because it would require me to go down into Mexico for week to month durations at a time. Also adding to the NO factor was that plant is located in Reynosa. Same location where the drug cartel is nicely leaving severed heads on a stick..

Uh no... might as well put a white boy not welcome sticker on my forehead. LOL.

Enjoy the holidays all. Focus your quality time with the ones you care about and keep the annoying ones at bay. You know we all have them...

Back