• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to remove dash pad.....

Cranky

Reaction score
Been 35+ years since I've done one and can't remember where all the fasteners are. IIRC, removing the cluster and glove box made things easier to get to.....help lol Car in question is a 70 Grand Coupe Cuda.

Last edited:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Here's the stud locations, 11 of them.

Attachments

• DshPd 4.JPG
    DshPd 4.JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 120

DaveBob

Reaction score
Been 35+ years since I've done one and can't remember where all the fasteners are. IIRC, removing the cluster and glove box made things easier to get to.....help lol Car in question is a 70 Grand Coupe Cuda.
You recall correctly - you can remove the dash pad without removing the entire dash. I did that when I converted my dash pad to a three-speaker configuration. Ironically, that was about 35 years ago for me, too. I recall that I removed the glove box and radio and lowered the steering column, as it described in the manual, under the section for removing the dash pad. See manual pictures.
1970 Manual Page 23_120.jpg
1970 Manual Page 23_121.jpg

48fish2004

Reaction score
Cranky, I have a quick question. I saw your video and it's great. Can I drop the steering column and leave the steering wheel on or the entire steering column and wheel must be off before removing the entire dash?

Back