• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

If there was never a mopar

Ray

Reaction score
Like the title says. What would you own?

Me I'm partial to Pontiacs.

Although I've owned just about everything from A to Z.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I guess I would be partial to Ferds, so it would be one of these: 71 Torino GT or a 66 Fairlane

But that's only if there weren't no Mopars, but there is, so I don't need to worry about it................................

0603phr_01_z+1971_ford_torino_gt+.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Had a 50th birthday for my wife last Sunday. This is a picture of one of our neighbors that came over in his 1924 Buick. Car was awesome C008.jpg

008.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Older Pontiacs, maybe. I like the way the engines were designed. Had customer whom we restored a '70 LeMans Sport convertible for. Pop worked his magic on the 350 in it. It's one of the few cars we did I could actually say "I wish it was mine." (The other being a '57 Dodge... but that's a Mopar and taken out of the discussion.)

AMC's for sure. Pop was an AMC/Jeep fan before he got the Duster and a Ford truck man. I always like the AMC engines and some of the cars like the S/CRambler and the AMX are awesome little cars.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would walk , I did own a 68 Javelin SST but the front suspension was aweful , it needed 2x the price I paid for the car just to repair it .

stu in wichita

Reaction score
Here's my '68 AMX (390, 4-speed, Go-Pack, factory air). I've had it for 30+ years and drive it often. Glad to hear people on this board with an appreciation for Ramblers!

Funny thing, AMC's are Mopar cousins since Chrysler bought the company in '87. If there never was a Mopar, I'm not sure whose cousin they would be.

amx.jpg

amx.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I loved the SST I had , it was a decent car & fast too , & I definatly appreciate the AMCs but I got a 440 R/T Chall shortly after the Javelin & never looked back , the AMXs were very cool cars until 70

ramenth

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I loved the SST I had , it was a decent car & fast too , & I definatly appreciate the AMCs but I got a 440 R/T Chall shortly after the Javelin & never looked back , the AMXs were very cool cars until 70

That I gotta agree on, though I'm kicking myself in the ass for missing out on a couple of '71 up Javelins and AMX's.

One was a '74, 304-4bbl, 4 speed car in Wild Plum Purple. The color that was finally decided upon for the Barracuda. I could have picked this car up, no rust issues, for $450 back in the late '90's. But Pop and I were just starting the business and I couldn't justify spending the money on it, even for that price.

The other is an inline six, 4 speed, Javelin. Buddy still has it, but his dad decided to start stripping it for parts. I was hoping the grab this car for a build for the men's ministry in church. It would have been a fun project, but I've moved, the pastor's been appointed to another church, and I just don't feel like making a trip almost an hour away on Sundays.

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
We did have a few model AMC cars here in Australia back then and they like the Valiants we had were advanced in their styling for the time.
Just remember that if it wasn't for Chrysler we would still have metal engine mounts and the oi-lite bush wouldn't have been invented, well maybe, just to mention a few items.

Bill

Reaction score
I was at a local show in my area last weekend and this was there.
010.jpg011.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

stu in wichita

Reaction score
WOW! This thread took an interesting turn, but I gotta say, it warms my heart to hear the positive comments about AMC's.

In most Mopar circles, AMC's are now a welcome family member, but every so often I run into someone who refuses to recognize the kinship. No point in trying to argue - to each his own.

My first car was a Dodge Dart and I got hooked on Mopar early on. But I owned a few AMC's before Chrysler bought them (a '70 AMX and a couple of V8 Gremlins). My '68 AMX was preceded by a '67 Barracuda, a few Mustangs and various non-noteworthy vehicles of all makes. I can't wait to get the Chally back on the road and wear it out a third time.

-Stu

Back