• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I'm baaaacccckkkkk!

ramenth

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of folks have wondered where I've been.

Trying to get life in order is the number one thing. In the past year I've started a new job as assistant manager at my local Advance Auto Parts store and if any of you have worked retail, you know the hours can be all over the place, especially in a small market where we close up shop early after Labor Day. Management means that I'm all over the store and all over training for the next step, running my own store.

Karli and I have celebrated our first anniversary together and Cyrus just celebrated his first birthday. Been trying to get the house in order. Budget, budget, budget, both time and money. With a baby in the house, it's not easy finding the time to get things done that need to get done.

Been ice skating uphill for the past year it seems at times, but life is manageable.

djais1801

Reaction score
welcome back...and as a father of 3yr old twin boys, working 2 jobs and a wife that works...I sympathize with the ice skating uphill thing.!!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice to see you posting Robert! What happened with the last job, weren't you working on train cars or some such thing? Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else...

ramenth

Reaction score
Nice to see you posting Robert! What happened with the last job, weren't you working on train cars or some such thing? Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else...

Nope. I was building railcars for a while. That went south when they asked me if I'd go second shift (which I wanted to do) and then, after I did, made me defacto second shift supervisor in charge of handling the training of ten new hires while still on the temp books. To make matters worse, the new production supervisor on first shift decided that second shift didn't need the parts we needed to actually build the trains then decided it was all my fault that he wouldn't order the parts we needed for overnight. Came close to pitching his ass off the mezzanine. I didn't control what was coming out of warehouse and he did, but he told the project manager I never ordered them.

So, it was time to get out before I hurt someone. Couldn't take the fact that I'd spend eight to ten hours close to boiling point and then have to use the next couple of hours after I was home to calm down.

I like it better where I'm at. My temperament is better suited for it.

Here's a recent pic of Cyrus. He's my pride and joy!

20150718_220834.jpg

20150718_220834.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Glad to hear things are going better for you Robert. Cyrus sorting that m for Mopar?

burntorange70

Reaction score
It is very good to have you back Robert. You have been missed. Good to here you took a little time to get life and family in order.

If you get a little time and have not already go over to fortrucksonly.com and join up. Then tell Joey and he will make you a mod over there. Don't worry you don't have to be a mod over there. It is just so you can learn the new site software we should be getting upgraded to some time in the future.

tallhair

Reaction score
Glad to see you back on the boards Robert and congrats on the 1st birthday for the little one and anniversary !

I always kind of wanted to work at a car or car parts related job myself. Hope it works out great for you.

Back