• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Instrument Cluster Adhesive Remover???

1970GranCoupeCo

Reaction score
What is the proper solvent to remove the adhesive that adheres the "wood grain" decal to the instrument cluster metal bezel of an E-Body?

I peeled off the reproduction wood grain decal that I installed about 20 years ago and I am really struggling with getting the adhesive removed from the metal bezel.

I have tried acetone, lacquer thinner, and Goof Off and they just turned the sticky residue to really sticky residue globs.

I even tried to bead blast the residue off and it is taking forever...kinda like trying to bead blast rubber.

What is the best chemical to remove this stuff?????????????????????????????????/

Reaction score
3m general purpose adhesive remover works the best, however it is a chore getting the adhesive removed. put a good amount on a rag and rub then take a dry rag to glob it up and repeat. also a plastic razor blade is helpful. too much fun done it a hundred times.

fasjac

Reaction score
3m general purpose adhesive remover works the best, however it is a chore getting the adhesive removed. put a good amount on a rag and rub then take a dry rag to glob it up and repeat. also a plastic razor blade is helpful. too much fun done it a hundred times.
Agreed, 3M is good stuff, we also use Acrysol to loosen the stuff up.

Back