• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Interior labor costs

Brentf

Reaction score
I am considering getting one of my bucket seats re-covered and a new headliner installed. Its a 73 challenger. All black interior, nothing fancy. I have never had any interior work done on a vehicle. Can anyone give me a very rough ideas of a price range I shoudl expect for labor?

burdar

Reaction score
Sometime this winter I'm going to have my seat recovered. I have no idea what the going rate is. I installed my headliner with the help of one other person. It's not a horrible job. Just so you are aware, 73 Challengers used a special headliner made of Yorkshire material. The cheap headliners you see available are the perforated style. Those aren't correct for a 73 and are harder to install. You can get a Yorkshire headliner through Dante's Parts. It's more expensive but it looks great and it won't wrinkle like the perforated style.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I got a quote of $800 to recover my 70 challenger front and rear seats. This included installing new foams in front and new cotton in rear.
I was going to supply all materials. I ended up doing it myself, not as dificult as you would think.
I bought everything from Legendary and they have a video and tech support to do the installation yourself. My advice is take pictures as you dissamble as a reference, it will help to put everything back together.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Around 100 -$150 should get the headliner installed , not sure on the seats but I would do both front seats

Back