• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

JEJJ Top Notch Member

2Sharp2

Reaction score
I wrongly accused this member of wrong doing. I made a mistake! After some communication issues the brake booster arrived as described in perfect condition today. Deal with confidence from JEJJ.

Edited original post.

Last edited:

sixpactogo

Reaction score
If you paid via PayPal, you are protected unless you did the F&F thing. It has only been a few days and we all know there are things that can happen to throw a clinker into the fire. You are a new member here and a lot of people have no idea of your credentials either. You have to be patient because you don't know all of the circumstances. He has 100% feedback so you need to back off just a bit until you have a real beef.

aarcuda33

Reaction score
I know how easy it is to worry . Jim is one of the good guys. Have done business with him for 25 plus years. You’ll not only get your part it will be as described.

2Sharp2

Reaction score
I did not use PayPal. By his request I sent a postal money order. It has been six days without any type of response. I resent being told to back off. I know I’m new here. I get crap happens but how long does it take to send a email or answer the private messages I sent him on this forum. He has been on this forum every day without reaching out to me. I saw he has been a member here for a year.
Have any of you dealt with him directly?
@Katfish, @sixpactogo, how long would you be patient and how much time would you wait For your $675.00 part?

Mopar Nut I couldn’t find any feedback for him either!

If he ships the part or even PM’s me of any problems he is having I will delete all this.

Someone prove me wrong! I would love to get the part I paid for.

Still waiting for some of you old members to vouch for HIM!

2Sharp2

Reaction score
I know how easy it is to worry . Jim is one of the good guys. Have done business with him for 25 plus years. You’ll not only get your part it will be as described.
I’m happy to hear that. Any idea what’s going on with him not responding to my emails and PM’s.

JEJJ

Reaction score
Hello Arland,
I sent the NOS brake booster out Thursday from my work UPS and when on the UPS site states 3 working days (so you should have Tuesday). I left the paperwork with the tracking label at work (I work from home Monday,Wednesday and Friday and go into the office on Tuesday and Thursday).
I am sorry for not getting abck to you sooner, I was going to ship the booster out this past Tuesday, but ran out of time after finding proper boxes and double boxing the booster and wraping everything inside to make the shipment to you safely.
Since you have made this a public issue I will post the UPS tracking number as soon as I have it Tuesday rather than just sending it to you.
We all have alot going on in our lives, but that is no excuse for not getting back to that following Tuesday. Nor does it excuse not following up with a daily report Wednesday or until the booster was shipped Thursday.
Please accept my apology.
Respectfully,
Jim

aarcuda33

Reaction score
Please follow up on this post and let everyone know how this plays out. I am very confident that you will receive the part that you paid for . And that Jim will deliver what he advertises .

2Sharp2

Reaction score
I made it a public issue because You didn’t respond to any messages I sent you. All I wanted was a response from you. I understand work life happens. It was looking like I had made a huge mistake.
Thank you for posting. I will delete this thread later.

MYSTERY solved.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
I too am glad progress is being made on this issue and it seems to have worked out. I would like to comment though on the problem with sellers demanding a money order. That automatically sends up a big red flag for me. People complain about PayPal's fees but for me, it is part of the cost of doing business. Peace of mind is not free and when you are dealing with someone you don't know and even sometimes people you do know things can and do go wrong. I don't care much for paying their fees when I sell something but I always either eat the fee or raise the price of what I sell to enable it worth my time to put something on the market. I don't ask people to use the Friends and Family method either since I realize they don't know who the hell I am either and once you send money that way, your have all but lost it just like a money order. However, if they offer to use the F&F, I will reduce the price in consideration.
In this case alone, How much was the 5 or 6 days of worrying worth? Not to mention the time and cost of going to the USPS, standing in line to buy a Money order that you may be sending to a scammer. Me, I learned that lesson years ago and it was expensive.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
To both side and others. You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. The not knowing can get to you. Communications is the key. something like. Seller: Late getting shipped. Having problems. Buyer: Payment sent late. Having problems. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Reputation counts. I wounder If anybody would send me a money order and trust me! Myself I would send a personal check. I would have record of the trans action.

Katfish

Reaction score
I'll add my take on the above. I used to accept PayPal, and will with Friends and Family option, but with the new tax reporting, no way.
I'm always selling at a loss to begin with, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay 25% federal tax on top of that.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
I'll add my take on the above. I used to accept PayPal, and will with Friends and Family option, but with the new tax reporting, no way.
I'm always selling at a loss to begin with, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay 25% federal tax on top of that.
I guess I am lucky that none of the stuff I sell is worth over $500.00 since that is the dollar figure than causes the tax issue. If it was, I would then ask for a personal check or make other arrangements. I agree PayPal should not be in the tax business. They should have been happy with their 4 or 5 percent.

Katfish

Reaction score
It's worse than that, it's $600 total for the year.
So sell 1 item for $600, or 600 items for $1 and your getting a 1099 reporting you "earned" $600.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Reputation counts. I wounder If anybody would send me a money order and trust me! Myself I would send a personal check. I would have record of the trans action.

I get a lot of money orders for parts. It's becoming more frequent with the government watching the movements of money more closely.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I guess I am lucky that none of the stuff I sell is worth over $500.00 since that is the dollar figure than causes the tax issue. If it was, I would then ask for a personal check or make other arrangements. I agree PayPal should not be in the tax business. They should have been happy with their 4 or 5 percent.
Taxes are after a total of $600 for the year. I.E. Three $200 sales and you owe taxes.

Back