• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Kansas build getting started

KSChallenger

Reaction score
Thought I might join up and read some threads here. Building a road race challenger with a third gen viper engine and 6 speed. Looking for ideas from those who have already done this swap.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Panama !
I have not done this swap but you will have to do some major cutting into the firewall & trans tunnel as well as modifying the oil pan or steering to fit it in .

sir_veza

Reaction score
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
I've never done this but how much torque does the motor put out? (You may have to) strengthen the frame. Also pay careful attention to the driveshaft geometry into the transmission.
Steve

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! That sounds cool, can’t wait to some pics of the project.

KSChallenger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ve got the car in the shop now. Engine is off to the machine shop to have it checked out before I build it. According to my tape measure it will be a close fit but it will go. I will be modifying the trans tunnel to get the clearance I need for the 6 speed.

KSChallenger

Reaction score
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
I've never done this but how much torque does the motor put out? (You may have to) strengthen the frame. Also pay careful attention to the driveshaft geometry into the transmission.
Steve
When I’m done the engine it will be in the 750 ft pound range. I’m in the process of adding subframe connectors. The rear is already fully built, trussed and four linked. It will be fine.

Back