• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Leaf Springs

BH23L4B

Reaction score
Is there any difference in spring length between a stock Dana 60 and a set found on a 73 H code 4 speed Cuda? Someone previous to me installed a Dana in my cuda and the car sits higher and the leafs contact the rear valence. I'm trying to figure out why.
Thanks!!

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
They should be the same length. The issue probably is that they have either more leafs or are stiffer causing your dilemma. How much weight is in the car?? Engine, Interior, Etc. ?

BH23L4B

Reaction score
It's in stock trim. No lightened anything. But they do look new and the hangers are definitely aftermarket as well as the rear shackles. I hate using that word. So 1980's. It has been suggested that the springs may be a super stock setup. Not sure.

moparleo

Reaction score
If the aftermarket shackles are longer than stock, the spring has more room to flatten out. That effectively makes the spring longer, which will cause the clearance problem. The difference in the spring packs between the different spring rates are not in the length, but in the arc and thickness.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
If the aftermarket shackles are longer than stock, the spring has more room to flatten out. That effectively makes the spring longer, which will cause the clearance problem. The difference in the spring packs between the different spring rates are not in the length, but in the arc and thickness.

Yep.

Are the leaves on the passenger side any different to the drivers side? Number of leaves, thickness etc?

mmissile

Reaction score
Maybe the car has longer front boxes for S/S springs. That'll move them back into valance....as well as change the wheelbase and drive-shaft length.

Last edited:

BH23L4B

Reaction score
mmissle nailed it. Turns out that the car has Mancini racing front hanger extensions and superstock springs. Thanks for the help!!

Moparparts

Reaction score
I have a few sets of stock Cuda 340 leaf springs if interested PM me

Back