• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lets see them.

Dartguy340

Reaction score
no pics!

Post up some pics of your E body. I would love to see all the members rides:)

I don't have an E-body anymore......:sad11:

GN 4.jpg

Shelbydogg

Reaction score
My 72 Cuda

Real BS-H code Cuda. 4-speed A/C disk brake car. Paid the equivalent of $400 for it but it was missing the drivetrain and a tree crushed the rear half. Had to do lots of metal work on it to get it to this point. Running and rolling.
Hope to get it running for my wife to drive one day, since Cudas are girls cars.
cuda-cut.jpg

snewpy

Reaction score
new ebody

New to Ebodies been over at Abodies we sold our Dart and picked up this Challenger this spring. 1972 ev2 4speed 416 Sb runs and drives fantastic enjoying the car and this site. thanks

DSCN1459.jpg

DSCN1458.jpg

DSCN1456.jpg

rtmike

Reaction score
Norte side of Columbia River standing in Portland,
I posted earlier in this thread right after I bought this car. Since then I've repainted the rear spoiler in it's correct shade & added front eye brow spoilers. I also cleaned up motor room, painted engine, new aluminum valve covers. Removed all the A/C stuff.

I did a hokey job repainting the power booster. Plans are to buy another one & take it across the river for Booster Dewey to rebuild & replace the wiper motor.

7b8c0b7b.jpg

26dbdc53.jpg

P1014938.jpg

P1014873.jpg

wadeevit

Reaction score
Here ya Go..1973 Rallye

Original Petty Blue, Four Speed.....Don't mind my 70 Center Caps (I like em a little better than 73 caps)

IMG_0909.jpg

TinCuda

Reaction score
Well here are my girls...

2011 Challenger SRT with 392 Hemi

The Pictures of the 'Cuda are all the same car. 1971 440-6. I am currently restoring the old girl. This is a real BS23 'Cuda FC7 plum crazy/inviolet car. When I bought the car, it was blue. I painted it gray 20 years ago and now I am having the car repainted back to it true purple. I am building the 440 engine into a 512 stroker and keeping the six pack set up.

Enjoy...

attachment-7.jpg

2011-04-18 12_58_52.jpg

2011-08-02 10_10_07.jpg

2011-09-02 16_33_31.jpg

2011-09-07 18_27_07.jpg

blewbyu

Reaction score
70 Vert XV up grades

Here is one of my E-Body i am working on, it now has a complete XV Motorsports Suspension and a Tremc 5 speed and Gen 3 Hemi Still got alot to do to get it finished, but should be sweet when finished

challenger vert restoration 021.jpg

challenger vert restoration 025.jpg

challenger vert restoration 021.jpg

challenger vert restoration 025.jpg

challenger vert restoration 027.jpg

DSCF6566.jpg

DSCF6567.jpg

DSCF6555.jpg

DSCF6562.jpg

DSCF6563.jpg

DSCF6568.jpg

acguy

Reaction score
Projects

2011-02-26 12.19.01.jpg

2011-02-26 12.19.58.jpg

2011-02-24 14.45.11.jpg

The turquoise one is the doner car for the other two.
The brown on is a 72 318 car that I just traded to a friend.
The gy9 car is the one I'm fixing up for my daughter. Its extremely rough but it has a VERY early production date.
It had scheduled production date of 7/19/1971 and vin of 100096.

The other car is a lime green 1970 340/auto that I plan on restoring someday unless I get discouraged and sell it.

2011-02-26 12.19.01.jpg

2011-02-26 12.19.58.jpg

2011-02-24 14.45.11.jpg

Last edited:

acguy

Reaction score
Projects

This is the early gy9 car that I'm currently working on.

IMAG0151.jpg

acguy

Reaction score
This car begs the question, how much of a car do you need to replace before its a different car? Even though the vin, cowl and fender tag say one thing, once you replace most of the sheetmetal is it really "restoring" a car? Or, is it building a car? I've owned a lot of cars over the years and seen some pretty bad cars "restored". This challenger for example, The only original sheetmetal will be the roof,firewall, and inner fenders. Possibly the doors. I have better doors but want to use the originals on principal. Its not that this car in particular is anything special, thats why I am putting it together and not caring about changing the color, putting a 512 in it and giving it to my daughter to drive to high school in. If it were a big block R/T then I would have reservations about even saving it. In my mind once a car gets bad enough, its dead. Restoring it is really just making a "tribute" car that happens to have a desirable vin. The car that it was is gone. The restored cars that were basket cases are still beautiful cars and I appreciate all the hard work, time, and money that went into them. Especially before they were worth so much damn money, those were truly labors of love.
Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions

Last edited:

Ray

Reaction score
That's an often discussed question and you're correct a lot of people with a lot of different opinions. My project is the opposite all the original sheet metal is good and staying. The drive train, actually everything from the radiator to the gas tanks is from a 2007. So would that still be considered a restored car?

I will post pics tonight.

burntorange70

Reaction score
That is a hard one for sure. I had an 02 F-250 diesel that was totaled out. Body and bed were junk but the frame and drivetrain were all good. So I got a 99 F-250 V10 I was going to take the cab and bed off of and put on the 02. Well then it was like errrrrrrrr??????? What will it be? It will have all the 99 V10 vins but will be a 02 diesel. Never did go through with it so did not have to decide. But ya it can bend the mind thinking about it LOL

Last edited:

TinCuda

Reaction score
I feel like if it was once a great car it is always a great car. Restored or not. Their is a guy at work that drives a 1970 brown small v8 challenger every day. It is a pile rust, but everyday he drives it in. There is so much metal missing the I can almost see him through the door. My point is that he has a great car.

I work in aviation and according to the FAA, in order to call something NOT built, it only is required to have one original part. If one original part is used, it is considered repaired and not "built". Just food for though.

Last edited:

acguy

Reaction score
I agree with you to a degree. I've seen so many low mileage never wrecked, never driven cars and they do nothing for me. I like cars that have a history, cars that were somebodies pride and joy once upon a time. A slightly worn survivor has so much more character than an over-restored trailer queen. On the other hand if I were to come across a basket case Daytona or something like that I would buy it and rebuild it, just so I could have a Daytona. Even though it looks like a Daytona, is titled as a Daytona, and runs like a Daytona it still wouldnt be the same as a restored survivor to me. These cars all of us build were rare even when they were new and now 40 years later most are either restored and in people like Jay Lenos collection or crushed so anything we can find and save is important even if they were rebuilt from almost nothing. I still respect the car even though most of it has been replaced because thats one more on the road. Hell, I'm building one like that now, a rusted out challenger just because it has a title and an interesting (to me) vin and production date and sacrificing a near perfect one that can only get a state id for it.

Back