• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

License plate for PA

Lemon twist Cuda

Reaction score
Here comes my first question on here. I have my 73 Cuda at the shop being restored. I live in PA and want to drive it on the road now and than on nice days when it is done. The guys restoring it say I should keep the "A" title ( that's what they call it) since I am the only owner. They say it is better to have the original title than a copy. If I read DVM right to get antique plates I have to send the title in to them and get a different one back. I assume it is the same for classic plates. I have the original license plate from 73. I even kept the temporary white cardboard plate that was issued to me when I bought the car. With the original plate I could ask for a vintage plate. But do I have to send the title in for that one to. What kind of plate can I get and keep the original title. I don't know enough about this to know what I am talking about. Even the restorers and there license plate guy kept giving me different answers or I just don't understand them. I would have liked to get Antique plates - no inspection. I don't expect to drive the car much. Any help on this subject.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I would suggest to go and sit with someone at your DMV to figure out what to do. If you car was ever sold, I would feel an original title would be desireable and unique.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I just have standard Michigan plates on my classics, same as you'd have for your modern daily drivers. I drive my cars whenever possible and have put 4,000 miles between the two of them per year for the last two seasons. No driving restrictions but I do have to renew them yearly.

4404spd

Reaction score
In order to go with your original 73 plate you have to have the title done as a antique. You can't put the 73 plate on unless its done. I believe you can request for keep your original title also. I did the vintage plate on my Barracuda. Your title will be branded as Antique your registration is a one time fee and no P.A. inspections ever again.

095.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
I would think that the original plates are the ones most people would like on their car . Why the classic / vintage plate ? You can have the original plate restored as well if it is banged up.

4404spd

Reaction score
I would think that the original plates are the ones most people would like on their car . Why the classic / vintage plate ? You can have the original plate restored as well if it is banged up.

The Vintage plate is a original. P.A. does not supply vintage tags you have to. You can go online and check the plate number first to make sure the number is not in use. They do want a picture of the plate you will be registering.

Lemon twist Cuda

Reaction score
I talked to somebody at Pa DMV and he said (he thinks) the only way I can keep my original title is register the car with a 2014 plate. Doesn't anybody have an original title.

Back