• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lighting issue.

Raycuda

Reaction score
All of a sudden, my directional signals will not work with the headlights on. They work perfectly normal when the headlights are off. Everything was perfect until this week. Any hints as to where I should look?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
hazards work? check hi /low foot switch. see if it's melted. Headlight look ok? watch amp gauge reaction.

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
grounds at the light housings the signal lights have no ground with the lights on

Last edited:

cuda joe

Reaction score
sounds like a ground problem could be in the front or back lights

Raycuda

Reaction score
hazards work? check hi /low foot switch. see if it's melted. Headlight look ok? watch amp gauge reaction.
Hazards work, but the fronts are dim. Foot switch was replaced last year due to corrosion, but I checked it today and all is good. No amp gauge, I bypassed that and replaced it with a volt meter.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Front lighting wiring.

70cuda_front_end_web.jpg

Rear lighting
challenger body_wiring_web r.jpg

IF you feel confident. This is not to hard. Unplug connector for the front and rear lighting. apply power to each wire to see if bright or dim. If dim check each wire for broken or corroded sockets,plugs and ground. If bright it's inside. The rear connector is in the drivers kick panel.

Last edited:

topbanana73

Reaction score
Hi y’all. Having same issue. What setting do I put the multi-meter on to check stuff like this?
Thanks

Back