• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Look what followed me home today

Hemi392

Reaction score
new to your forum and Mopar's in general but after doing a numbers matching 66 Corvette and just finishing up a 65 Mustang for my wife, i have been on the lookout for a cuda and one just happened to fall in my lap. Original car that was a barn find. been in the back of a shed / shop for the last 30 years. got it running enough to drive it up and off the trailer and PO put 71 Challenger disk brakes in it recently and they work. will be asking a number of question as i restore this one so your all's help will be appreciated. first qustion is did they stamp the 340 engines with the VIN? and if so where is it located? the date code and casting number match up so far..
IMGP0007.JPG
IMGP0008.JPG
IMGP0009.JPG

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Vin will be stamped on the passengers side just above the oil pan rail. Right about the middle of the block. Should have B0 if a 70.
H code car? Does it have it's fender tag?

Welcome to mopars!

Hemi392

Reaction score
Vin will be stamped on the passengers side just above the oil pan rail. Right about the middle of the block. Should have B0 if a 70.
H code car? Does it have it's fender tag?

Welcome to mopars!
Thanks. will check in the morning. BS23HOBXXXXXX, its a CUDA and yes the fender tag is with it. Not sure if the broadcast sheet is still there but prob not as the rear seat has been redone. will post fender tag sun.

Hemi392

Reaction score
here's the fender tag...stamped 37 in upper right corner
IMGP0012.JPG

KATSAAR

Reaction score
ya ok enough talk about the vin on the block, what are your plans with it.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Nice find. Do whatever you want with it. Enjoy it.

Hemi392

Reaction score
ya ok enough talk about the vin on the block, what are your plans with it.
OK, so got under it today and it's a 2780930 - 340 - 5 Block with 6 - 14 - 71 cast date and the VIN stamp is 2B117700. so period (sort of ) correct but not born with original. So, what am i going to do with it? full restoration like i do with all my vintage stuff and drive it. Full strip and gut and off to the dippers and then back for any pnl replacement and back together. eng will prob be a 440 (whitch i have) or a crate motor, Gen 3 Hemi, SRT 392 or 426. we have a 2012 SRT8 that my wife drives now and then.

Hemi392

Reaction score
ok, so got the 65 mustang done for the wife and i just started the disassembly of the cuda for dipping and look what i found in the rear seat...Build Sheet - Copy.jpeg
Build Sheet - Copy.jpeg

Hemi392

Reaction score
ops sorry didn't wait long enough

Last edited:
Back