• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looks like a re-body Cuda?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Found a car listed as a "Cuda" by a dealer. Car was sold.
Numbers were very odd
Data plate listed the car as: BH 23 LOE 125069, (not a Cuda, but a BB)
Dash plate matched the data plate.
The serial number on the body was altered.
Could this have been done through a motor vehicle agency?
Dealer did not hide any of this and clearly posted the pics.
Car was beautiful and was purchased. Asking price was 59.9K

1970 Plymouth Cuda -PLUM CRAZY PURPLE-ORIGINAL NUMBERS MATCHING TEXAS CAR-INCREDIBLE CONDITION Stock # 3070383CVO for sale near Mundelein, IL | IL Plymouth Dealer

Just goes to show you what is out there!
Dino2 (1).gif

serial number plate 2.jpg

serial number plate.jpg

serial number plate 4.jpg

jeff968

Reaction score
Strange. I wonder if it was a theft? You wouldn't re-body into a 383 2bbl Barracuda. And I wonder if they didn't know about the cowl VIN and missed it? The question; what was 124327????

1975 a body

Reaction score
This car was for sale near me in Huffman Texas. It was sitting in the owners front yard, along with all the other junk that he had accumulated. This car was being auctioned that day along with all the junk. The owner claimed it was a $400,000 car. The guy was an absolute no-nothing. "Cars all original, no other Cuda in the country as nice as this one, blah blah blah." Said he had owned the car for 6 or 7 years. The car was NOT as it appears in these pictures. It looked like it had sat outside for the entire time he owned it. The passenger side quarter panel was folded under. The owner said he was doing a burnout and the tire blew. . Shortly after the auction ended (unsold) it showed up on Houston Craigslist, with these exact pictures that this dealership is posting on their website. I drove by this car everyday on the way to work, and it sat outside his shack for 3 or 4 months after the auction ended, and then disappeared. I also decoded the fender tag and found the same information as you posted here.

My guess is these pictures are from when it was originally sold to the guy in Huffman Texas. Looked like a nice car back then, but it was obviously not well cared for after he took possession of it...

Overall it appeared to be a solid car, but unless this dealer in Illinois has put some serious time and money into refreshing the car, it would be a $25,000 vehicle at best.

Who knows, maybe that toothless inbred still owns it, and has it on consignment with this dealer.

I took some pictures of it. If those pictures are still on my old phone I will post them here.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I've gotta say I've never seen anybody use a strap like that around the exhaust manifolds to install an engine. And interesting choice for the exhaust manifold on the right side.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Strange, the numbers on the cowl and the radiator frame match, which makes me think that the dash tag and engine plate were from another car.
The dash tag also looks like it was riveted in slightly off.
This car raises a lot of flags!
Dino2 (1).gif

fk5aar

Reaction score
Aren't 70 radiator support numbers on the side not the top? Does not look like the numbers on my cars. The cowl looks correct

340challconvert

Reaction score
Aren't 70 radiator support numbers on the side not the top? Does not look like the numbers on my cars. The cowl looks correct
Yea, The frame looks re-stamped, the radiator frame numbers are usually on the driver's side back of the frame, usually hidden by the top of the radiator.
There is something major wrong with this car's documentation?

upload_2017-6-20_16-9-41.png

serial number plate 4.jpg

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Strange. I wonder if it was a theft? You wouldn't re-body into a 383 2bbl Barracuda. And I wonder if they didn't know about the cowl VIN and missed it? The question; what was 124327????
You can see the 124327 scratched out with a new number above it.

AARFJ6

Reaction score
I have seen several E0 cars stamped on the top of the radiator support. California cars are a little different but not as different as this restamping.

AUSTA

Reaction score
You can see the 124327 scratched out with a new number above it.
My stamping is on top but in the opposite direction right to left E0 125780 with a 12 1969 build date so the original looks like a earlier 69 build the fonts on the new number are wrong the cowl number runs the same as the 1 pictured definitely looks like a vin swap maybe there is some other signs of fraud what does the star mean is that

fk5aar

Reaction score
Yea I'm sure that's why they posted the first pic that is all blurry so the new owner won't know they have been ripped off until they get the car. Definitely a franken car and nothing I would want

Reaction score
Looks like vin has been cut out of another dash with rivets in still in place and this cars dash vin cut out and replaced with the cut out piece. Pretty sharp looking rectangle piece surrounding the vin tag. Or just replaced dash :)

340challconvert

Reaction score
Looked closer at the cars this dealer advertises and sells on their web site.
Apparently they will build what you want; engine, trans, color etc. they post pics of fininished cars as samples to entice buyers. Wonder if they were the ones that modified the Cuda?

AUSTA

Reaction score
Here is another same company doesn't look right appears to be missing tag
Radiator support 3 different colors

2624_p1_l.jpg

4mayhemi

Reaction score
Looked closer at the cars this dealer advertises and sells on their web site.
Apparently they will build what you want; engine, trans, color etc. they post pics of fininished cars as samples to entice buyers. Wonder if they were the ones that modified the Cuda?
North Shore Classics is a broker. 95% of the cars they list are elsewhere and they've never touched them. They just want their $5-15K markup for posting some pics the owners send them. Don't know about their build shop, but I would assume they have the same "panache" as the broker side does, at least until evidence to the contrary surfaces.

Back