• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Manual disc brakes on a Challenger

1973dust

Reaction score
I'm curious on others opinions of manual discs on a Challenger. I'm mostly curious about pedal effort without a booster, but if livable, the conversion would be a little simpler and less money with no booster. The car is currently 4-wheel manual drums.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I have manual disc on my 70 Challenger. A booster would be nice but after you get use to the manual brakes they work good IMO. You can always put a booster in later. Pedal effort is good if you use the right bore size in you master cylinder. JMO

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have manual disc brakes on my Challenger. However, they are Wildwood aftermarket brakes and master Cylinder. Stops just fine from 160+ MPH passes and work just fine in the street.

1973dust

Reaction score
I have manual disc on my 70 Challenger. A booster would be nice but after you get use to the manual brakes they work good IMO. You can always put a booster in later. Pedal effort is good if you use the right bore size in you master cylinder. JMO
What do you consider the right bore size to be? Factory or other?

cuda joe

Reaction score
I used a master cyl for a power disk brakes 74 dart when i added disk brakes on my cuda a little firm but stops great and i;m use to it

moparleo

Reaction score
If you buy a matched conversion the proper M/C should come in the kit.
Things to consider for power brakes is how the engine is built as power brakes require a minimum amount of vacuum to operate properly. Also brake pedal/ Master Cylinder rod ratio.

Back