• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Manual Steering box question

gtxno1

Reaction score
Hi everyone my 70 cuda resto project came with a manual box was thinking about going with the quick ratio box does anyone out there have one in their car and do you like it . I have a 67 B body with stage 2 power steering and do not like it wish I went with stage 3

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I assume you know there is no quick ratio box without power steering & the quick ratio was a longer pitman arm

rogue

Reaction score
I put a flaming river 16:1 quick ratio steering box in my 71 cuda and i like it

AndyV

Reaction score
Hi everyone my 70 cuda resto project came with a manual box was thinking about going with the quick ratio box does anyone out there have one in their car and do you like it . I have a 67 B body with stage 2 power steering and do not like it wish I went with stage 3
Hi I am just about to order a FF stage 2 PSBox for my 72 challenger,why didn't you like the stage 2 have you driven the stage 3? your feedback would be welcome

gtxno1

Reaction score
Felt like it always did not enough road feel especially with that big ass bus steering wheel

Max Wedge

Reaction score
I have a MP 20:1 manual chuck in large spline (C-Body/B-Van) factory box on my Challenger.

With a 440 in front, you plan your 3 point turns. Underway it's fine.

Biggest problem is the there is a select fit for one of the internal bits that minimizes the dead center - if not size on size you get a bit of slop even with the sector adjusted correctly. IIRC it had something to do with end play on the chuck itself.

I think they are or were not available when I did mine.

I'd be tempted to go to a Borgeson but I wish it took the standard slip coupling.

Back