• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mark Worman, say it ain't so....

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Watched the latest Graveyard Carz episode. Darn. I've been waiting a long time for them to finally work on a '72-'74 Challenger. I have a '73 Rallye and love it, but I know it's not everyone's favorite kind of e-body. I was hoping they would treat it like other Mopars they restore but I heard some not as nice comments; "frowny face", "hideous gawd-awful bumpers", etc. They're going to turn the '73 into a '71. Oh well. I know the later cars are not worth nearly as much as some others, but that's why I love FEBO. We are all e-body lovers and don't judge. If you love e-bodies, you are welcome here. View attachment 46392

Last edited:

crazyhawk

Reaction score
101_8787.JPG
Thanks DetMatt1. I live near Toledo. If you ever do the Woodward Dream Cruise, let me know. Would love to stop for a minute and say hi to a fellow febo guy when I'm cruisin'!

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
View attachment 46399 Thanks DetMatt1. I live near Toledo. If you ever do the Woodward Dream Cruise, let me know. Would love to stop for a minute and say hi to a fellow febo guy when I'm cruisin'!
Last year was the first year in many that I missed it for a family wedding on the other side of Lansing. My shop is literally 1 mile off of Woodward basically at the heart of the action so let’s keep in touch. Do you come up before the WDC?, because that’s when the cruising is at its best.

crazyhawk

Reaction score
I take my son to WDC every year on either Friday night or Saturday. Is it better before then? Maybe less congestion. We started when he was 8. Now he's 17 and desperate to someday have his own classic Mopar! I must've done something right. I also go to a classic bicycle swap meet that started at the Royal Oak flea market for the first time this year. I love it up that way. As far as Graveyard Carz, I probably won't visit that place....lol

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It’s at its best on Woodward for cruising almost every other nice summer evening except that Saturday. I would very much look forward to meeting you and your son sometime.

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
Crazyhawk, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder brother!! I love the E body cars, every year, and every version. I like different things about each one.

I love the "frowny face" of the 73/74's more than the fronts of the 70/71's. On the flip side, I love tailight look of the 70's more than the 73/74's, etc.

But what I do know is that I love them all, and that's why I'm here. I've only had my 74 Rallye for 2 months (had a lot of Mopars back in my earlier years), and basically only drove it around town 3-4 times, and man did the heads turn everywhere!! When I bought it, the gentleman that I brought it from hauled it on the back of his rollback and met me in a nearby town with it so we could do the inspection, title/work, etc. It was just easier to haul it that way versus driving it. In any event, it was turning a lot of heads riding on the back of his truck, and later on I had a number of people who recognized it saying "I remember that car when it went through Tiffin (the town) on the back of that truck, it was a bad*** looking car!!"

Most importanly, my wife and I love it!!

BTW, what is this Woodward Dream Cruise?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I think it qualifies as the single largest annual multi make classic and collector car event in the world and it happens on a 10 mile stretch of the legendary Woodward Avenue the third Saturday of August.

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Crazyhawk, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder brother!! I love the E body cars, every year, and every version. I like different things about each one.

I love the "frowny face" of the 73/74's more than the fronts of the 70/71's. On the flip side, I love tailight look of the 70's more than the 73/74's, etc.

But what I do know is that I love them all, and that's why I'm here. I've only had my 74 Rallye for 2 months (had a lot of Mopars back in my earlier years), and basically only drove it around town 3-4 times, and man did the heads turn everywhere!! When I bought it, the gentleman that I brought it from hauled it on the back of his rollback and met me in a nearby town with it so we could do the inspection, title/work, etc. It was just easier to haul it that way versus driving it. In any event, it was turning a lot of heads riding on the back of his truck, and later on I had a number of people who recognized it saying "I remember that car when it went through Tiffin (the town) on the back of that truck, it was a bad*** looking car!!"

Most importanly, my wife and I love it!!

I feel like you too DodgeGuy. I love 'em all. It's always fun to compare engines, options, colors, etc. There's a guy near me with a '73 Barracuda with a giant mural of a knight on horseback on the hood and a wizard with lightning coming out of his fingers all the way down the side. I even love that one! lol

seneca

Reaction score

Matt is right on; it is one gigantic event and something anybody interested in cars should see at least once in their life. It is officially a one day event on Saturday but starts 5 days early and carries over into the Sunday after. If you decide to come up, contact me on the message board and I'll give you directions from Tiffin and get you around the congestion on Woodward. Certain sections of the " Cruise" are more like a " Park" and a bit hard on clutches!!!

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Woodward dream cruise is 'off the planet' if you're a car lover. I hung out at Woodward & Adams the last few years, good location to see all the action. Don't know but there may be more shade canopies than cars, lol.
woodward2016.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Mark Worman and all the BS that goes along with the show. BUT... I will watch any show with Mopars especially on these cold winter nights. They do build some nice cars there, but there has to be a lot more guys that actually work on these cars. Anyone can bolt parts on. Also , if its a Mopar I like it some more than others. Kind of like ice cream LOL

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Woodward dream cruise is 'off the planet' if you're a car lover. I hung out at Woodward & Adams the last few years, good location to see all the action. Don't know but there may be more shade canopies than cars, lol.
View attachment 46487
dadeo1852, I'm diggin' that color on your car. I'm guessing that's Dark Green Metallic. I like...

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Yup - F8, thanks. Almost passed on the car 'cause of the color, glad I didn't.
The problem with Mark Worman is he's the world's worst entertainer.
DSCN2045.JPG

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Thanks Mark,
I'm watching your resto thread also. I thought I was bad when I restored mine trying to get everything right (you never finish) but you top me.
index_001_017.jpg
index_001 (1).jpg

Back