• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Metro Door Panels, A Pillars

Fordication

Reaction score
I have seen ads for these parts. Just wondering, is there a really good repop of the original A pillar covers and the front and rear door panels?

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Had great luck with Metro! Have their kick panels and they fit perfect and the grain pattern looks great. They are injection molded just like the originals as opposed to vacuum formed!

Steve340

Reaction score
I found the Metro website for rubber parts door seals etc.
No mention of door panels perhaps they only sell those through parts suppliers. I saw some at Dantes Parts.
Handy to know who makes good parts.

Fordication

Reaction score
I found the Metro website for rubber parts door seals etc.
No mention of door panels perhaps they only sell those through parts suppliers. I saw some at Dantes Parts.
Handy to know who makes good parts.
That is who I am looking at right now. The parts price is reasonable in comparison and everyone says they are the best.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Roseville is where I have gotten several metro panels.
I bought a bunch of red parts back in the beginning of the metro repro's and they look great.

Steve340

Reaction score
The Tony's Parts plastic A pillar trims are very nice and fit really well. Also as noted by floyd you can get the two different screw spacing types.
They are not quite as good as OE but they are 98% in my opinion. For most restorations or a restomod absolutely great but a real top end restoration only OE is going to do the job.
One of my OE A pillar trims was butchered but just purchased a nice OE set on FEBO.

Fordication

Reaction score
My big concern is really the body but I am seeing what I think are good deals on door and a pillar panels. They are not cheap.

Fordication

Reaction score
Generally anything well made will be pricier. At least good quality repops can be found.
What is the difference between injection molded and vacuum formed. The Metro ones are injection molded and are actually cheaper. Am so confused.

Steve340

Reaction score
I know what injection moulded is but not vacuum formed. Injection moulded the melted plastic is pushed under pressure through the mould. I assume they suck the melted plastic through the mould with vacuum. Either would be OK I guess.
I think the Metro ones only have the lower location hole for 1970 cars.
Tony's offers both styles but they are more expensive.
My 1971 car has provision in the sheet metal for both fasteners but the lower hole would be harder to get to.
It is 2 inches closer to the dash pad.
I guess it depends on what year car you have.

Fordication

Reaction score
I know what injection moulded is but not vacuum formed. Injection moulded the melted plastic is pushed under pressure through the mould. I assume they suck the melted plastic through the mould with vacuum. Either would be OK I guess.
I think the Metro ones only have the lower location hole for 1970 cars.
Tony's offers both styles but they are more expensive.
My 1971 car has provision in the sheet metal for both fasteners but the lower hole would be harder to get to.
It is 2 inches closer to the dash pad.
I guess it depends on what year car you have.
The Metro repops are injections and actually cheaper than the vacuum formed ones. Thats why I am asking. However, everyone says that the Metro ones were the best.

Steve340

Reaction score
I am sure they are very good. If you get them post what you think of them.
May help someone else when deciding.

Back