• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Brand Restoration Products

jumparound365

Reaction score
If anyone can explain this to me I would appreciate it. How is Mopar selling non-OEM replacement parts?
It doesn’t really matter, I’m just confused. Thank you for any help.

burntorange70

Reaction score
How or why? LOL

How= they make a part then sell it.

Why= To make money.

Just a joke. IDK. May not have the tooling any more to make OEM parts so they have to call them re manufactured because they had to make new tooling. Tats just a guess though.

jumparound365

Reaction score
I should probably clarify. Why would there be a difference between an OEM (lets even call it NOS) fender and a Mopar fender? Why are they not the same when they were both made by the same company. I realize it could be tooling or even a legal issue, but does anyone actually know?

ramenth

Reaction score
You mean like what ran off the line and what's branded as MOPAR?

Mopar is the replacement parts division. Usually what's sold over the counter at the parts department. It's not necessarily the same "brand" as the OE that ran down the line on the car.

One of the reasons "lunch pail parts" restorations have become popular with the high dollar crowd.

ramenth

Reaction score
As for your example with the fender, Chrysler isn't going to keep warehouses full of tooling around, for, say a '70 Challenger for decades, paying storage on tooling they'll never use.

But AMD comes along, tools up to make a fender that is near OE quality, and gets the Mopar restoration parts seal of approval, so to speak. So, with no parts of their own, they'll buy what's out there and sell it through Mopar as a brand.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
As for your example with the fender, Chrysler isn't going to keep warehouses full of tooling around, for, say a '70 Challenger for decades, paying storage on tooling they'll never use.

But AMD comes along, tools up to make a fender that is near OE quality, and gets the Mopar restoration parts seal of approval, so to speak. So, with no parts of their own, they'll buy what's out there and sell it through Mopar as a brand.

Well said ramenth, I agree.

Back