• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Nut here!

JP8

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have been a lurker here for awhile. I used to go on cuda-challenger.com for years but haven't really been messing with my E-body for awhile. Been into A-bodies my last couple of cars. My line up is 1969 Valiant 422"(340) stroker/ 6 speed, 1970 'cuda 408"(360) stroker/5 speed, 1973 Duster 340/ 4 speed, and a 1976 D100 326" (318)/3 speed auto.

The 'cuda is in a deep hibernation right now but it was my Dad's car so it's never going anywhere except to my son someday. The Valiant is in body shop jail. The Duster is a special car. A friend of mine called me up and said he wanted to sell the car to me and I initially said no because I need another project like I need another hole in my head. I asked him why he was selling it because he had this thing freshly painted, #'s matching 340 and A833 rebuilt, and fresh Legendary Interiors seats and door panels. He had just found out he was terminal with cancer and had just a few months to live. I still told him no and I talked with the wife about it that night. The car I had when we got married was a very mint 1973 Duster and she always loved that car. I sold it to do the first build up on the 'cuda. She told me to buy the car from Arthur. I was perplexed because she's usually the "No" person in the relationship when it comes to car stuff. So I bought it. Arthur left us but we call the car Arthur. He was a special guy. Vietnam Veteran, worked at the Pentagon on 9/11, marathon runner that ran the Boston Marathon a couple times, lived in the same small town in Oklahoma 40 years apart, ..... Just a stand up guy from a time when they still made stand up guys.

My Dad has a GC Barracuda with a 440 in it and it is painted a midnight orchid color. He also has a 1969 RR with a 383 4 speed in what I think is Vitamin C. Not the original color. I bought him a 1970 bench seat Pistol Grip to go in it for Father's Day last year. Looks pretty good in a 1969 even though 69's didn't have pistol grips.

One thing that prompted me to finally give an introduction here is that I am looking to buy my Dad a couple of 15X8 Rallyes for the rear of his GC for Father's Day. I need to know what backspacing you guys with 15X8's are running on your 'cudas. They come in a 4.5" and a 4.625" backspace. Will either work? I know his car is stock with no leaf spring relocation. Also, what's the biggest rubber you can get back there with no rubbing?

I look forward to posting more and I'll try to get come pics uploaded from my phone soon.

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. You can use either one. 4 1/2" is a stock backspace. Of course Mopar never made a 15 X 8" Rally. Not a lot of tire options available in 15" Are you going reproduction tires or current manufacture? Current tires would be BFG, Cooper, Mickey Thompson and not much else. 255/60 or 275/60 or 295/50. Those are the widest that fit an 8" rim.

JP8

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. You can use either one. 4 1/2" is a stock backspace. Of course Mopar never made a 15 X 8" Rally. Not a lot of tire options available in 15" Are you going reproduction tires or current manufacture? Current tires would be BFG, Cooper, Mickey Thompson and not much else. 255/60 or 275/60 or 295/50. Those are the widest that fit an 8" rim.
I was looking at the M/T 275’s . The wheels are Wheel Vintiques. They have 4.5 and 4.625” BS. Good to know either will work.

budascuda

Reaction score
He doesn't like Canadians,
not too much! Lol

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Nice bunch of Mopar’s. I have some Mickey 275’s stickeys mounted on Jeg’s wheels that work fine on 4.5 back spacing, 8”

JP8

Reaction score
I started a thread in the Wheels section to talk about the topic of the backspacing on 15x8’s.

Back