• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Trivia

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
So where is the other metaphorically one.
Funny thing, I'm trying to post two pictures of the vanishing point and they vanish. Give me a moment checking pic format. checking to see what went wrong?
1704038993179.jpeg

1704039027571.jpeg

1704039226052.jpeg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Vanishing point. There is a Challenger and a Imperial passing. If I said Chrysler I know now I would be corrected. Kowalski driving both.

20231226_121932.jpg

Few frames later.
20231226_122446.jpg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Shall we play a game? Name this maniac mechanic. what just happened that lit him up. I will post the season and episode on or about the new years.
View attachment 116861
S7.E83

New Project 440 Dart Makeover!​

Recently Frieburger and Dulcich were stopped by some fans who invited the guys to come thrash the Crusher Impala around their property. While there, Freiburger spotted a big-block 440 swapped '68 Dart he couldn't pass up. This time on Roadkill Garage, the guys pick up the new 440 Dart and take it home to give it an impressive engine bay makeover and horsepower-adding tune-up.

Last edited:

me70e

Reaction score
Who can name the specifics of this picture?View attachment 116836
Barry had just taken some uppers, (speed), as we called it back then. Reflecting on all that had happened and his dead surfer girlfriend, he became delusional. When he can up on the dozers for the second time that day, he really didn't see them. Instead, he only saw the bright evening sunlight that was gleaming between the blades. He went for it. We don't know if he thought he had "made it" or just wanted to be with his dead girlfriend. We'll never know .You decide

TomIGo

Reaction score
Here are some points of trivia found on the hotcars.com website about filming Vanishing Point:

"While Chrysler had lent out 5 alpine-white Challengers to the production house, there are rumors that one of them was originally green, having been repainted to match the director’s vision. 4 of the Challengers were relatively similar, carrying 440 engines under the hood, but one of them bore a lesser-powered 383 cc engine and had an automatic transmission. Quite unexpectedly for a car movie, none of the cars had any special modifications, save for the heavy-duty shock absorbers that had been retrofitted on the car that was slated to jump over No Name Creek."

Think I read somewhere else that the 383 auto was the one that had cameras mounted to the hood for rear-facing interior shots.

@Challenger RTA - There are some folks that believe the black car going past Kowalski is a "loop", as it appears to be the same car that Kowalski arrived in at the garage at the beginning of the movie!

Kowalski_Arrives.png

Fireman Dan

Reaction score
They leased five challengers all Alpine White, From Chrysler for one dollar a day. There were four 440, four speeds and one 383 automatic car that they used as a camera car. That was the one that pulled the Camaro into the dozer.

Fireman Dan

Reaction score
No they never reference the engine in the original movie. He just said it was hopped up over 160. The hemi came into the remake. A funny thing about it, when the hood was open and he was tightening down the air cleaner lid it was a B body that had the hemi in it and not an E body

Fireman Dan

Reaction score
If you have frame by frame advance or an old VHS tape, L O L, you can see that the explosion in the Camaro actually happened right before it made contact with the dozers.

Back