• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Motor parts

Nicuda70

Reaction score
Hey folks...Just venting a little..Iam finding it harder to find parts for my 360. And when I do, the price is way over the top. Most pistons are stock or flat, Intakes are very limited in dual-planes - and very expensive. Good selection of cams though. Also looking at the FITECH system - any thoughts on that??

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Probably about as cheap to just do a stroker build & take it to 408 CI , you will have better piston & compression choices , by tthe time you rebuild all of the factory parts the stroker is a similar price & all new parts too .
Fitech or Holley are good choices if you are ok with throttle body injection over multiport EFI

DrEamer

Reaction score
The old saying is, cheap, Mopar, pick one. Now with that said, there places to pick up some parts for less money, you just have to work at more then the brands X guys. Look at joining a Mopar group on Facebook, or the the sister site to this one, For A bodies only, has a very active small block community , with a fair amount of parts for sale.

moparleo

Reaction score
What exactly are you looking for that is so rare ? All Mopar intakes are more $$$ than Chevy or Ford, always have been. Mopar stuff will never be as inexpensive (cheap) as the other guys. Economics. They made a ton more small block Chevy and Ford motors than Mother Mopar did.

Nicuda70

Reaction score
What exactly are you looking for that is so rare ? All Mopar intakes are more $$$ than Chevy or Ford, always have been. Mopar stuff will never be as inexpensive (cheap) as the other guys. Economics. They made a ton more small block Chevy and Ford motors than Mother Mopar did.
Just noticed a markable rise in part prices from when I originally built the motor ...Like I stated....just venting...I recently retired and now on a budget.

Nicuda70

Reaction score
The old saying is, cheap, Mopar, pick one. Now with that said, there places to pick up some parts for less money, you just have to work at more then the brands X guys. Look at joining a Mopar group on Facebook, or the the sister site to this one, For A bodies only, has a very active small block community , with a fair amount of parts for sale.
THANKS...Appreciate it

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
My Machinist has a customer that he built a 528 stroker for 13 years ago , he went to replace the brgs last winter & the ones that came out looked exactly the same as the ones he installed , now this motor is not babied , it is run at the track every weekend & shifted at 7500 rpm .
He has a friend that has a 55 Chev that runs in the 9s as does the Mopar , he has put 3 engines / year for 13 years & builds Chevs " because they are cheaper to build" !
So do the math pay 50% more for the parts but have the engine last 13 years & still be like new or scatter 40 engines at 66% of the cost ....
Mopar wins big time !

Nicuda70

Reaction score
My Machinist has a customer that he built a 528 stroker for 13 years ago , he went to replace the brgs last winter & the ones that came out looked exactly the same as the ones he installed , now this motor is not babied , it is run at the track every weekend & shifted at 7500 rpm .
He has a friend that has a 55 Chev that runs in the 9s as does the Mopar , he has put 3 engines / year for 13 years & builds Chevs " because they are cheaper to build" !
So do the math pay 50% more for the parts but have the engine last 13 years & still be like new or scatter 40 engines at 66% of the cost ....
Mopar wins big time !
Mine was a daily driver until the front end started giving me issues - everything needed replacing.. But the motor never gave me issues, I just wanted to refresh it before reinstalling it...This motor lasted 12 years of street driving...Cant beat a good MOPAR motor

Back