• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

MSD Install

dkinworthy

Reaction score
Hello All, I put a complete MSD Ignition system in my 72 challenger (73 wiring harness per schematic) My Problem is she wont run, The Brown wire from the ignition switch to the + of the coil would be the run wire right? the problem is MSD tells me i must maintain 9 volts while cranking or the system wont fire, I appear to be lacking voltage at the brown wire. she sputters but wont run. If I supply a wire directly to the ignition wire on the MSD box it runs fine. some have suggested the ignition resistor but i did not install one due to msd's directions state to throw it away. besides, per the schematic its basically just jumpers to the coil anyhow....:dontknow: so whats wrong?

drive48

Reaction score
connect the 2 wires from your ceramic resistor together. you won't get ignition power through the key switch on your msd without it.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
there will be a Blue 12v feed wire & the brown 12v start wire , these have to be connected together to feed power both while cranking & running , in the box of parts MSD provides you will fine 2 pigtails 2 wires into 1 for this purpose

Back