• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Muffler inlet location

Reaction score
Hello all- Had a random muffler related question I was hoping someone out there had some experience with. I am getting ready to get a new headers back exhaust system ran and was looking at how most of these cars seem to have an offset inlet for their mufflers. Have any of you out there ever ran a center inlet muffler or know if it can be installed?

moparleo

Reaction score
Because the exhaust pipe runs next to the drive shaft it is very hard to get clearance with anything other the an offset inlet. Why do you want to run a center inlet ? No performance or noise gain.

quapman

Reaction score
The factory systems had center in/out resonators under the back seat, then round mufflers next to the gas tank. They are offset inlet and I doubt there's room back there for a center inlet muffler of any kind.

I've run offset inlet, center outlet mufflers under the seat with good success and just pipes over the axle and out the back.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. Leo I had a buddy with a couple mufflers laying around that he was willing to give me-figured I would check and see if they would work. I'm moving up from a 2.5 split dual to a 3 xpipe with turn downed tips just before the rear axel.

Back