• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My cousins "Twin" Challenger

DrEamer

Reaction score
This a little bit of a long story, but hope you enjoy it to some extent. A couple of days ago at work one of the guys was going through Craigslist adds and pulled up a local 1974 Duster project car. Since he knew I liked Mopars, he showed it to me. My heart sort of sank a little as I recognized the car in the pictures. It belongs to my cousin who bought it years ago as a father/son project. Not long after getting the car and tearing it apart, his son started to have diabiliting headaches. They have spent the last 16 years looking for cures, but with little relief. He is mostly house bound and unable to function outside. When I saw the Duster, it made me think that my cousin had given up on getting the car going. I contacted him through his add and we emailed for a little bit, he then told me he had taken care of his Mopar "itch" another way. He then let me know that he had just bought a 2019 Challenger in Plum Crazy Pearl. As many of you know, my Challenger is a purple car as well. He did confess that he felt a little guilty having gone with purple since it was the color of my car, but that was really the only color that he wanted. I'm all right with it of course, and told him not to worry about. He is the closest thing I have to a brother, so how I could be upset. This afternoon he came over to show it to me. To my surprise he threw the keys and told me to drive it. I'll have to say it is a nice ride, it drove well, plus is certainly fun. We talked for quite some time while he looked over the progress on my car. He had not seen it since the paint was done. Anyway, we both snapped a few pictures of each others cars, and even one of them together as the "Twin" Challengers. I have a few years before mine is done, but we agreed to go on drives together when it is finished.

Twins.jpg

20191208_151455.jpg

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
Good story Dr,
Hey, I would never put myself in a position to give folks medical advice, but if someone has suffered for 15 years, well, I would do what I can to maybe help.
My mother had the type of headaches you are talking about, It went on for years and yes she was unable to work and everybody kept saying its Migraine headache and can't do anything about it. In an act of desperation we booked an appointment with a Russian doctor who lived in our city back then, with a waiting list of 3 years, how about that?
The short of it is after one visit she began to have fewer and fewer occurrences of the headaches but just as intense when she did have them. After a year or so she was back to work and I hardly ever recall her complaining anymore. I don't know if the medicine that was prescribed did the job or that was just a placebo effect. But 40 years later, I hear about it in various news outlets and journals.
The medicine was the cannabis oil.
Now, In no way I suggest anybody to take anything for what ever that might ail them but a doctor could ( if s/he sees fit)... and after 15 years of conventional treatment, folks might want to get second opinion and try new remedies.
I hope you don't mind my post, I just happen to know first
hand what a person could go through.
Good luck and all the best.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Good story Dr,
Hey, I would never put myself in a position to give folks medical advice, but if someone has suffered for 15 years, well, I would do what I can to maybe help.
My mother had the type of headaches you are talking about, It went on for years and yes she was unable to work and everybody kept saying its Migraine headache and can't do anything about it. In an act of desperation we booked an appointment with a Russian doctor who lived in our city back then, with a waiting list of 3 years, how about that?
The short of it is after one visit she began to have fewer and fewer occurrences of the headaches but just as intense when she did have them. After a year or so she was back to work and I hardly ever recall her complaining anymore. I don't know if the medicine that was prescribed did the job or that was just a placebo effect. But 40 years later, I hear about it in various news outlets and journals.
The medicine was the cannabis oil.
Now, In no way I suggest anybody to take anything for what ever that might ail them but a doctor could ( if s/he sees fit)... and after 15 years of conventional treatment, folks might want to get second opinion and try new remedies.
I hope you don't mind my post, I just happen to know first
hand what a person could go through.
Good luck and all the best.

No worries my friend. They have actually taken him to several places around the country to get experimental treatments of different types. Since Oregon has had legal medical cannabis for quite some time, it has been tried. My cousin did say his son had just approved for another experimental treatment, so we are hoping that his son can get even a little better. Over the years the different treats have reduced his pain around 20 percent, so any gain would be great.

budascuda

Reaction score
The cross country search for a cure reminds me of the movie "time in the bottle"....
Sincerely hope it will have the same ending.

Back