• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My daughters '72

acguy

Reaction score
I had a nice '72 body with no vin so I went looking for a car to sacrifice it to. I found a wreck of a '72 and the only reason I bought it was the vin was the vin was in the first 100 built and the build date was 7/19/71. Here is how I found it and the progress so far. Its been to two different body people. The first one kept raising the price over what was agreed upon, The second only did about half of what was promised. All I can say about it at this point is its okay driver quality body and paint. I am anxious to have this running by mid-April so my daughter can drive it before she finishes school. I am putting in a 360 with a B&M 174 supercharger. I've been throwing stupid amount of money at it lately trying to get it finished just so sh can have the coolest car in school for a month. When it gets time to build my son a car I am going to do things a lot different.
The first pic is the doner car. The brown one is the POS That I put together. literally 80% of the sheetmetal had to be replaced. The Sassy grass green is how it looks now. The motor thats going in it is last.

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG1330.jpg

IMAG1331.jpg

IMAG1336.jpg

IMAG1346.jpg

IMAG1344.jpg

IMAG1345.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That is one lucky girl right there, nice work and if you're going so far as to build that car for her she must make you proud on a regular basis.

moparleo

Reaction score
Looks like the driver door is sagging and l/f fender needs to be shimmed up. I rebuild Mopar door hinges if you are interested. Looking good though. Beautiful daughter. Lucky dad.

acguy

Reaction score
She is a good kid. I am extremly proud of her. Shes not very enthusiastic about the car - yet. I think when she goes to school in a bright green, supercharged challenger the attention she gets will change everything.
Everything is sagged, there are only two bolts holding each fender on, two holding each door on, none holding either the hood or decklid. A word to the wise, don't find your body men on craigslist.
I bought the motor from a friend, a man named Joe Schubarth built it. I've known Joe for nearly 30 years now, haven't seen him in about 20 so he probably don't remember me, but, he is an excellent engine builder so I have complete faith that it will be a good motor. Otherwise I would just build it myself.

acguy

Reaction score
Btw, Does anybody know if that blower will fit under the R/T hood? it's a 360 with a B&M 174 supercharger.

acguy

Reaction score
T/A hood maybe? Shame, brand new AMD hood goes to waste.

acguy

Reaction score
A/C guy, where are you located? Im interested in the hood
Westminster, Colorado. Kinda far to make it worth shipping. I bought this one from an AMD dealer on ebay so I would check there before you buy one.

Back