• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

my sad story

dlcsr

Reaction score
for the past 25 years its been my dream to own a 70 challenger. i fell in love with one that a mom of a friend owned and i got to drive a few times when i was a teenager. not until recently have i been in the financial position to really start looking. after months i found the perfect 70. it was an r/t plum crazy 383 all original but needed restoring. it turns out it was only 15 minutes away from me. i couldnt beleive it. i went to see it and made the deal. the seller had been given the car from a friend who was dying and wanted the car to go to someone who could do something with it. they didnt bother with the title transfer just a bill of sale. no big deal. i followed the law, hired an attorney, went to court and the judge awarded me the ownership of the vehicle since everything with the state checked out. this took a couple months to get everything completed and during that time i disassembled the vehicle completely and purchased tools and equipment to aid in the restore. the day after court i went to the motor vehicle department, paid my taxes, and titled my dream. i couldnt wait to start the restoration process. i awoke the next day and at 8:00 received a phone call. "my name is Officer ***, i am calling about a 1970 challenger that you titled yesterday. That vehicle was reported stolen 5 years ago". what! it turns out that the sister of the first owner had been added to all the legal paperwork of property owned by the brother because he was dying so she was also on the original title. she had reported it stolen after she went to her brothers house to go through his things and noticed the car was not around. I don't know why the state never pulled up the stolen vehicle report when I was going to court but someone dropped the ball. I ended up getting my money back from the guy i bought it from (super honest guy who didnt have any idea the sister was on the title also) and the state had already canceled my title and refunded my taxes and fees. the saddest part is the car went to a 15 year old kid of the sister and he was asking me questions that showed he had no clue what he was in for. it will probably never see the road again in my opinion. i hope i'm wrong. i tried to buy it from the sister but she wouldnt give in. she said it belonged in the family. it was so heart breaking. in the end it cost me quite a bit because of the attorney, court costs, tools, misc stuff. perhaps one day i will find another one. thats my sad story.:sad8:

ramenth

Reaction score
Ummm, okay. Welcome aboard.

Now that you've got that off your chest how bout some pics of the '73 you've mentioned?

Back