• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

my stupid question

Brentf

Reaction score
I need to find the rubber round stopper thingies that go in the holes in bottom of the trunk. I have no idea what the heck these things are called so dont even know what to do a web search for. They are very approximatelly 1 1/2 inch round rubber peices that cover the smaller holes in the bottom of the trunk. What are these called?

I am a little embarrassed to have to ask this question...but searching "round rubber trunk thingies" is unlikely to produce the part!

:)

burntorange70

Reaction score
Sounds like you are talking about the body plugs. There are a bunch of them in the trunk and the interior. They come in a complete kit or individually. Think just about any of the reto places should have them.

No reason at all to be embarrassed. Only way to learn is to ask questions.

74 challenger

Reaction score
I agree with sheetmetaldan ( the only stupid question is the one not asked) that is what this site is for.

B

Benji

I remember these in the trunks of my dad's Mopars. I asked him what they were for and he said they were used to drain the water from the melted ice that was used to keep your drinks cold. I think he was kidding me.

Benji

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
We used the holes to run a long line from the pony keg in the trunk to the front passenger compartment! Things were a little different when I was a punk teenager.

Code3

Reaction score
Is there anything that shows where all these plugs go? I have a kit and I'm throughly confused. Thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory if you have a complete kit. Just put the plug in the hole it fits in. If you are going to replace all of them, you will need to remove the carpet. the plugs run along the entire floors and trunk. These were drains for the primer to drain from. The cars were actually dipped in a tank of primer to cover everything from about the middle of the firewall down.

Code3

Reaction score
Thanks Leo. That's what I've been doing on a trial and error basis.

Do I push them through from the inside out or from the outside in? Does it matter?? Like for instance the firewall?

Back