• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need someone to look at a car in CO

boduke

Reaction score
Looking at ebay purchase in Longmont CO. On a drop top Chally for 48k Anyone local can look at a car or recommend a service. Im in Boston mass and its a lot of wood to go sight unseen. Not looking for show quality. But dont want a major headache either.

C5616710-A3EB-4B0E-8C96-D791EDDE7C85.jpeg

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Would be nice to see a fender tag. I don't think that price includes the 440 six pack and sure grip setup. Otherwise a nice looking car (except for flat black paint). Also check out the orange one. It's in Tampa.

Last edited:

boduke

Reaction score
Would be nice to see a fender tag. I don't think that price includes the 440 six pack and sure grip setup. Otherwise a nice looking car (except for flat black paint). Also check out the orange one. It's in Tampa.
Saw that bb car in fla. Gaps look a little sloppy on that one and sits a little low. Im ok with 318. Im mostly afraid that suede paint hides a LOT!!. Will be a driver so proper chassis is everything to me.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
For that kind of coin, I would fly out to look at it in person myself.

boduke

Reaction score
For that kind of coin, I would fly out to look at it in person myself.
Thats gonna prob be the plan. Small community. Hoping someone in here chimes in and knows the car.

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Thats gonna prob be the plan. Small community. Hoping someone in here chimes in and knows the car.
If I was closer, I would check it out for you. You might post this on FBBO and FABO, great bunch of guys and gals that would help there.

boduke

Reaction score
Good point. My current whip is A 72 dart and im on fabo. Ill try that

hofilbert

Reaction score
You do know it is a semi-flat or flat black paint? If you want something gloss, you are looking at a paint job most likely...$$$. Also, a lot of underdash items don't work or aren't hooked up.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Looks like there’s two different cars, here’s some pictures from the eBay ad. Notice the two different license plates.

EC2AFB2F-0B37-471D-AD2A-C41208260A2F.jpeg
418F22CC-34C3-4E21-B5BC-7A5C212F134D.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Fabo is your best bet. There are several folks down in that area of Colorado.
I'd be glad to check it out if it was closer as well.
As I recall seeing, this car was for sale a year or so back. Don't know anything else about it, but it would have been on a thread here or on ebodies.org.

moparmarks

Reaction score
Looks like a decent car and it is a 71 which is a plus to me but I think the price is a bit high for what it is. Would be better if it was 48k with the upgrades not just included but installed or if it had real nice purple paint.

boduke

Reaction score
Could not agree more, however as a buyer, The market on drop tops and a lot of mopars in general is just dumb. Too many deamers watching too much barret jackson television thinking that their 318 cars are hemi R/T AAR cars. "Its one of one because it has remote mirror and rear defrost ordered with a/c" the fact remains that the average enthusiast doesnt know that numbers and pedigree and originality matter. He/she thinks all mopars are the same. One sells for a million and all of a sudden his/hers is worth a million. But here, on this Site im preaching to the chior. I blame too much television. Im a buyer so im at the mercy of the market 😉

boduke

Reaction score
Looks like a decent car and it is a 71 which is a plus to me but I think the price is a bit high for what it is. Would be better if it was 48k with the upgrades not just included but installed or if it had real nice purple paint.
I appreciate this discussion. Thanks for looking and helping me and giving me your thoughts on this. This is what im looking for. Please pull my head out of my ass and let me know if I'm making a bad choice based on excitement & and or emotion. I got the mopar fever

DetMatt1

Reaction score
No more purple paint please!:BangHead::lol:

hofilbert

Reaction score
I appreciate this discussion. Thanks for looking and helping me and giving me your thoughts on this. This is what im looking for. Please pull my head out of my ass and let me know if I'm making a bad choice based on excitement & and or emotion. I got the mopar fever
I looked seriously for well over a year trying to find a good car at a fair price...hell, finding a good car was the hardest part. But, be patient, and a car you like that fits your pocketbook will come along. I know Covid has killed the car shows recently, but check around this year and start talking with the Mopar guys at the local shows. They may know of a hidden gem about to show up on the market and you may be able to snag it up early. As for the next comment by DeMatt1, ...yes, purple, lime and yellow were absolutely not on my want list as there are just too many cars of those colors running around.

Back