• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New 4 door toy for my brother and me to play with (ok, restore)

msclecarlvr

Reaction score
First, since I'm new here, let me introduce myself. My name is John and my brother Steve and I just found a pretty cool (we think) car. It seems to be either a 'cuda or a challenger as the tail panel had a 'cuda emblem but the fender said challenger on one side with the other side being missing. Granted, I haven't been in the Mopar world long (besides Jeeps) but I don't think there ever was something like this. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I really like it. My brother and I picked this up from a junk yard and figured we'd give it a go as we were up for something different since we just got done restoring a Briklin. My brother Steve likes the unusual stuff. He also has one of those dune buggy vehicles that looks like Speed Racer from the old 70s / 80s cartoons. He also owns a Delorean (sorry, it doesn't time travel). So a couple months ago we were out in a local junk yard looking for some extra parts for his Duster and he called me over to show me this. Well, it wasn't in this great of a shape as in the pics. It was a bit banged up and rusty but looked a lot better once it got media blasted and then banged out. Actually it looks a lot better now in these pics. Shame he didn't start taking pics of the before to have a nice comparison to show the before and after when he was done. I figured I'd share it with everyone.

IMG_0322_zps5wejhyvw.jpg

IMG_0306_zps7hpkehtr.jpg

The car appears to have had been a different color before. Possibly a burnt orange color, but then again, it had so much surface rust, I could be wrong. He's thinking about dropping a new 5.7 crate hemi into it with an auto trans. He wants to put 17" Magnum rims on it but I think they won't look right being that big.

Well, thats it for now. I gotta run as my taxi just got here to take me to the airport for my flight which leaves in a couple hours.

John

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
WoW that is incredible what A find! I have only seen one other in RED. did you by chance find A build sheet, was the fender tag still with the car. PLEASE tell us more.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Don't fall for it guys. Surf the web a little bit and get educated. As for "Steve and John" - great work on the car. Interesting color choice for this car - not sure if I would have gone with that one. Can't wait to see it when its done.

aussiemark

Reaction score
You say it had a Cuda tail panel emblem but those holes indicate a Barracuda emblem would have been there. Perhaps you should sell it to me for a reasonable cost as it is not a true Cuda and keep searching the junk yards for a real 4 door Cuda.

ECS

Reaction score
Don't fall for it guys.

I just had this forwarded to me from another site. You got to love it when your project gets highjacked for a few fun & games. On the other forum, one of the deadbeat moderators referred to us as "pinheads". It's hilarious however that our "critic" asked another member to borrow some money to buy a collector car that someone had posted. Maybe if he spent more time being a "pinhead" than a big shot moderator, he could afford to live the good life. I guess employment at Taco Bell doesn't provide the same success as being a big shot mod on a car forum. :sunny:

Last edited:

resq302

Reaction score
I saw this the other day. Interesting find / build. It seems that the other site where I shared this too seemed to have caused some commotion about this. :icon_rolleyes: I can't see why people get so bent out of shape about a car that is not theirs ? Jealousy, envy, whatever. If this car is indeed a real resto / build, I wish you all the best with it and please keep the pics coming. I love looking at any kind of car ( Mopars preferred of course ! )

ECS

Reaction score
I saw this the other day. Interesting find / build. It seems that the other site where I shared this too seemed to have caused some commotion about this.

The 2 faced guy that goes by Oldschool use to email me about hard to find parts that he needed for he & his Friend's cars. I would send him the components that he requested for FREE. I did this on more than one occasion. They're nice to you when they need something! I guess the old saying is true........I have dozens of Friends and the fun never ends, that is as long as I'm buying. For whatever reason, he took offense to me sticking up for myself when AGAR would instigate trouble by making rude comments about my projects. I never had an issue with "Oldschool" but he took it personal when I defended my self against the personal attacks made by AGAR. ( I think that acronym stands for A Goof And Retard) You'll find that MANY on that forum are nothing but hypocrites who say what they want but then cry foul when you RESPOND to their rude and instigating comments. Quintessential example of bottom scrapers.

ECS

Reaction score
II can't see why people get so bent out of shape.......

It's looks like a few individuals are viewing this from the other site. With that said, I'll comment to the ignorant comment made by moparman82. He apparently thinks that seeing a vehicle in person will magically change the blatant errors conveyed in photos. I guess the incorrect paint patterns on the Engines would magically correct themselves when viewed in person.....right? Would the incorrect overspray patterns of the underside of the cars also be rectified when seen in person? Would the hard, taped off incorrect Undercoating spray application, magically look correct when seen in person? (There are MANY more but I'll stop there.) Would all those incorrect & contradictory restoration aspects magically fix themselves when seen in person? What a joke!

This is exactly what I was talking about. They complain about the gum wrapper in one person's yard while ignoring the enormous trash pile found on their buddy's property. It's sad when they have to resort to lying to themselves in order to justify their delusional fallacies.

resq302

Reaction score
C'mon Dave. :nono: You know that pictures don't lie ! :toothy12:

ECS

Reaction score

I'm still laughing at the comments made by the guy on the cc forum. All moparman82 has to do is look for himself at the pictures posted on the guy's website that show DOZENS of incorrect, contradictory OE features. Does he really think that someone would advertise incorrect photos of their work if those photos didn't actually represent the appearance of their work? You would have to be an idiot to think otherwise. It's not that alan and I don't "see eye to eye". He misleads people about what is Factory correct. OE correct is OE correct! Trying to re-write history in order to accommodate your restoration shortcomings is disingenuous at best. I prefer to call it what it is. A blatant lie.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I just had this forwarded to me from another site. You got to love it when your project gets highjacked for a few fun & games. On the other forum, one of the deadbeat moderators referred to us as "pinheads". It's hilarious however that our "critic" asked another member to borrow some money to buy a collector car that someone had posted. Maybe if he spent more time being a "pinhead" than a big shot moderator, he could afford to live the good life. I guess employment at Taco Bell doesn't provide the same success as being a big shot mod on a car forum. :sunny:
I know this is your project I have been following your progress from the start and think it is an awesome interpretation of what could have been. I was just trying to add some humour with my post. I will try and salvage my original header panel and front fenders after seeing the craftsmanship you had to do to make the aftermarket parts work on your project this type of work is beyond my capabilities so I am also learning from watching you, keep up the good work and looking forward for some updates.

ECS

Reaction score
.........I am also learning from watching you, keep up the good work and looking forward for some updates.

I sincerely appreciate and am humbled that you are following this project. I won't be posting updates on the car in this phony thread. Updates can be found in the one linked below. Thanks again for your support and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist or help with your project.

http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?7469-1970-4-door-cuda-!-!/page22

ECS

Reaction score

They sure don't. It's hilarious how moparman82 said that AGAR's work looks correct in person and that the pictures don't truly represent the actual appearances. Even the most novice of Mopar Enthusiasts know that Chrysler cars were painted as an assembly. If someone was standing in the shop of his green painted car (shown below) would the components look disassembled or would the car magically have the appearance of an assembled painted vehicle? What's even more hilarious is that big Al attempted to make some aspects appear Factory correct. It's indicative of someone with schizophrenia! They wake one day and try to make the restoration work look Factory correct and then wake up another day and do everything that's the total opposite of a Factory job.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Last edited:

ECS

Reaction score
Looks like he restores school bus' too ! lol

That's not a School Bus. It may look that way in the picture but if you see it in person, it's really a blue Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4. (I know because I'm having mine delivered in 3 weeks.) According to the OE experts, the details of a clear picture change when you witness them in person.

Back