• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New fella in the UK

sublimemike

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the Uk. Put a post up yesterday but should have introduced myself :oops:. Got a 71 cuda sublime I brought from Arizona a number of years ago. Its actually a BP code car . Running a built 440 with a built 727 , dana 60 with 4.10's, headers, msd , cut outs etc . About 550hp so nothing special. I like the drags but am not going the slippery route of cutting her up, lexan , fibreglass etc as I still use her on the street. I'm running the full interior but looking to save weight where I can, I'm buying some lighter weight race wheels to shed the steels. I put a post up yesterday in wheels and tyres, maybe I should have put it in racers? It's had a lot of views but no response yet maybe I need to supply more info? Good to find somewhere just for E bodies to post.

sublimemike

Reaction score
Before and after the hood transformation. I've still got the dual scoop but managed to find a flat hood with a scoop over here so the carb gets more air.

20210303_184658 (1).jpg

20201217_203738.jpg

sublimemike

Reaction score
Thanks, the guy I purchased it from was from TN. He had a concrete pumping company , name was Joe something , knew his mopars.

Cuda U Code

Reaction score
Nice find, just out of curiosity, are there any estimates on how many e-bodies have made their way to the UK? There was another post last week from a gentlemen in the UK who purchased a Challenger from a US service member who imported the car.
Regardless of the number, the car is rare by all standards.

sublimemike

Reaction score
Yes, there are more challengers than cudas. We just had our Mopar Nationals at Santa Pod raceway. I think there were maybe 5 cudas and 30 challengers. You used to be able to find out through DOT MOT's (safety inspection) but they did away with it about 5 years ago. I'd guess probs 60 challengers and around 20-25 cudas. Not cars you see everyday. There is a 70 challenger A66 on FB at the moment...rotten but still asking circa $19K

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice looking car. I'm sure it turns some heads when you drive it over there in the UK.

Cuda U Code

Reaction score
Yes, there are more challengers than cudas. We just had our Mopar Nationals at Santa Pod raceway. I think there were maybe 5 cudas and 30 challengers. You used to be able to find out through DOT MOT's (safety inspection) but they did away with it about 5 years ago. I'd guess probs 60 challengers and around 20-25 cudas. Not cars you see everyday. There is a 70 challenger A66 on FB at the moment...rotten but still asking circa $19K
Becoming more difficult to find a good quality Cuda in the US for less than 100K. Even cars needing significant work are going for 70K and up.

sublimemike

Reaction score
Thanks all.. my buddy that races a challenger has just gone to a 400 block and external oiling. He's using one of those dry cell batteries - they are small and something else on the shopping list

sublimemike

Reaction score
Thanks all, will keep you posted. Got some caltrac monoleafs on the way from CA

Back