• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New from Downunder

stu454bb

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Stuart and I live in Sydney, Australia. I have a couple of American cars. 57 Chev and 59 Tbird.
Im looking to join the Mopar club very soon as myself and a few buds are heading to LA on Saturday. Sunday morning I'll be at Pomona swap to find a Cuda or Challanger.
I was hoping to get some feed back from anyone here about the swap meet, what to expect in regards to purchasing an E body and a rough price guide in this market.
I have about 25k to spend on a car. I would love an RT or Cuda, but I think I'll be a little short of money.
So give me your thoughts, Stu

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
To clarify, are you looking for a done car or a driver that needs some work? Best of luck on your search.

stu454bb

Reaction score
Thanks mate. Car needs to be mostly finished. Something you can get in and drive. Im looking for an original example if possible. 318 or 340 would be great. Anyone in California who is selling? Maybe we can do a deal. Stu

H-Pattern

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Stuart and I live in Sydney, Australia. I have a couple of American cars. 57 Chev and 59 Tbird.
Im looking to join the Mopar club very soon as myself and a few buds are heading to LA on Saturday. Sunday morning I'll be at Pomona swap to find a Cuda or Challanger.
I was hoping to get some feed back from anyone here about the swap meet, what to expect in regards to purchasing an E body and a rough price guide in this market.
I have about 25k to spend on a car. I would love an RT or Cuda, but I think I'll be a little short of money.
So give me your thoughts, Stu

Welcome. On the Pomona swapt meet. If you have the cash you will most likley find what you are looking for 7 tmes out of 10. When i lived in So. cal. i went to that swap meet a lot. This is what i ended up doing. Get there earlier then early.. Don't park in the reg. admission line to get in.
(Go To Gate 15 located on Arrow Hwy.) That is the gate that all the cars for sale and vendors go through for set up. It opens up at 9am Saturday morning the 13th. Most of the cars for sale start to come in on Sunday mornig around 3am. to set up. Now if you can get there Saturday night around Midnight give or take you can use that Gate 15. However i repeat however unless your driving a classic car that is before the cut off date pre 1975. You are going to be charged $100.00 for parking. It's steep but well worth it. You'll be there to see all the early birds bring in their rides. Also others will be doing the same. The swap meet is FREAKING HUGE if you are comming with some friends you can split up and get a hold of some two way radios just in case your cell phones don't work here in the states.
This is the web site in case www.pomonaswapmeet.com Gives you a good map of the area.
Check the weather. I live in Vegas and it's been raining Cats & Dogs off and on. Called my daughter in CA. raining today but clear by the weekend.
Good luck,Happy hunting.
PS..... Bring a good magnet with a cloth backing. This way you can run it over the car and check it for the hidden layers of bondo. You will be able to test deive the car if you find one. They have an little area you can drive them back along the strip area.
Have a friend or yourself watch as it goes down the driving area to make sure the car drives straight. I've seen some look like they were trying to pass them selfs.

Last edited:

stu454bb

Reaction score
Thanks H pattern, just the stuff I wanted to know. Do you recon 25k will get a good driver. I would be happy to find a good No. match 318 car. After Pomona, we go up to San Fran, down to San Diego then make our way to Vegas for SEMA. If I dont find anything at Pomona, maybe something at Vegas. Is there any good dealers for classic Mopar?

H-Pattern

Reaction score
Thanks H pattern, just the stuff I wanted to know. Do you recon 25k will get a good driver. I would be happy to find a good No. match 318 car. After Pomona, we go up to San Fran, down to San Diego then make our way to Vegas for SEMA. If I dont find anything at Pomona, maybe something at Vegas. Is there any good dealers for classic Mopar?

You should be able to for less then you 25K. Depends on whats there and how hard up they are for cash. Not much of classic car dealers here. Theirs one but he is pricey. Here's his web sight. classiccarlasvegas.com. He might be able to come up with a lead. But like i said he is pricey. Does a lot of consignments.
Also every Saturdays on the east side of town they have what they call ( I think Coffee and Cars ) A lot of different muscle shows up for that one.Then on Sundays on the other side of town there is a cruse (Park and Shoot the bull)Starts early and ends about 10. Depends on weather and turn out.

stu454bb

Reaction score
Thanks guys. hopefully next post will be to show off my new ride, Stu

btceng

Reaction score
Welcome. The market is really off on muscle cars. I've seen several good cars sell lately for under $20k. Good luck.

stu454bb

Reaction score
Well back from my trip to the US. Firstly, you guys are great, love your cars and your country. Already talking about another trip back. Had no luck finding mopar at Pomona swap, but got lucky in San Fran. If I could work out how to load pics, Id post one. I got a numbers matching 70 Cuda 340 auto. Was a four barrel but now has a six pack. Body pretty good, with something happening on the lower rear quarter and a small parking incident on the front fender. Lemon twist with 20s and 18s. 28k. I wont see the car till early January because of import approval and shipping times. Cant wait. Thanks for the advise I got and will most likely have some questions when she lands, Stu

Back