• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New from PA

JKCuda

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm Jason, I'm from the Mechanicsburg, PA area. I just joined the site as I stumbled upon it while Googling for a new motor.

Currently rehabbing our 72 Cuda to get it back on the road this year after several years in storage. Long story short, started doing some work and found that the motor was in pretty bad shape (first time I opened it up). Engine was supposed to be a 340 but found out it was a 318 (big bummer), but the car was inherited so it's what it is. So far I've rebuilt the suspension...new leafs, shocks, bushings, shackles, the normal stuff, and installed all QA1 components up front minus the K-frame (going in with new motor). New TTI exhaust waiting to go in and I had planned to swap to Holley Sniper EFI this year but with having to do motor work that can may get kicked down the road a bit further.

Don't have any quick pics but here's a shot from tearing down a few days ago. Overall the car is in "decent" shape but was definitelyl neglected for quite some time before it came into our position. Plan is to build it up mechanically, then when I'm ready to foot the bill for a body shop just strip it down and then reinstall as it was.

Edit: photo added. It's from a few years ago when I rebuilt the suspension and did a disc brake conversion but it still looks the same now.

IMG_20220306_160345.jpg

IMG_20150709_170155.jpg

Last edited:

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from Northern California! Looks like you have a fun project cooking. I have a 72 'cuda EV2 with white interior. Looks like your car's original color may have been EV2 from what I see under the black paint on the firewall? What does your fender tag have to say?

i_taz

Reaction score
Carlisle's backyard.. I built one with a Crower cam many moons ago and had fun with it...good luck

JKCuda

Reaction score
Welcome from Northern California! Looks like you have a fun project cooking. I have a 72 'cuda EV2 with white interior. Looks like your car's original color may have been EV2 from what I see under the black paint on the firewall? What does your fender tag have to say?
Indeed ev2. Why they painted it red is beyond me, but eventually when I get to the body it will be going back the way it belongs.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
The small blocks are tons of fun. Nice

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Good plan to get it driving the way you want then body/paint later on.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Good plan to get it driving the way you want then body/paint later on.
That's the plan! Motor came out yesterday, headed to machine shop this week. I'm rebuilding the 904 myself and updating a ton of other stuff. Wiring is a mess, etc.

Back