• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New From SoCal

challengr_74

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Greetings from Anaheim! I'm new to the forums, and relatively new to the classic car/restoration world. I acquired my Uncle's 1974 Bright Red Challenger in 2009 when he passed away. He was the original owner of the car, and bought it when he was 19 years old. He was very proud of his service during the 80's stationed at the Korean border - US Army.

Technically I would be the 3rd owner, as my mother owned it for a few months prior to getting my hands on it. My uncle rarely drove the car, and it had about 17,000 original miles on the odometer when my mother picked it up from his home in Minnesota, where she then drove it to Texas. When I picked it up from her home, it had roughly 22,000 miles, and I've logged about 9,000 miles on the car in the 30ish months that I've owned it - including the 1700 mile trip to my home in Southern California.

It has been through a little bit of drama, but overall it was well taken care of. I believe it has been through at least one relatively minor car accident (we've identified at least one fender has been replaced. Also, it was left unattended in a barn for what sounds like 3-5 years. It does have its fair share of cancer, but for a Minnesota car it's actually pretty low on rust.

Here is a photo album of the car, my uncle, and some of my other family in and around the car.

I look forward to talking with you guys, and learning as much as possible. I've been trying hard to learn everything I can. I hope to really bring this vehicle back to its former glory one day, but for now I can really only afford to keep her running.

-Challengr_74

Edit: Just realized that I forgot the most important details about the car! 360/3-spd Auto

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO! Always nice to nice to hear about a car that has stayed in the family. Good memories.

Back