• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New guy from Sweden!

Carl Holm

Reaction score
Hello!

We bought a 70 Challenger SE 383 HP Four Barell ( 3-speed 727 with slap-stick! ) last summer!
The car runs very good and is a true joy to drive!

This winter my dad did some upgrades:

*Borgeson power steering was mounted.
*Every bushing in front was changed.
*A new 2,5" magnaflow exhaust
*Cleaning up some electric wiring that was not so good.
*New sparkplugs with new wiring.
*New differential and new 3,55 ratio instead of 3,90.
*R/T stripes a long the sides are now mounted, not on this picture.
* 95 amps alternator.
*New battery ( the emblem on battery is now removed )
*Carpet in the trunk and we also mounted a breather for the gas tank.
* Custom autosound retrolook stereo instead of an old pioneer.

Upcoming upgrades:
* A 440 block is purchased, and a 512 stroker kit is on its way from USA! ( 440 source )
* When we change the engine, we will paint the engineroom. It looks terrible now.
* We want a R/T hood on the car, with the blackout.
*Im now restoring a original Dual snorkel that we want to put on it with the new engine.
*14 or if it was 14,5" Grant steeringwheel looking almost like the original will be mounted.
* A new dashboard is needed!

I hope to get som help on my upcoming questions that i have!

1st question, what emblem should we buy on the new R/T hood? We have the 383 four barell on the sides of the car. And we have the 383 magnum on the dual snorkel.
Should we buy the 383 magnum emblem for the hood? Or what is the correct way to do it?

Sorry for my poor english, was a long time ago that i wrote something this long!

Challenger.jpg

Motor.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice Challenger.
if it were me I couldn’t have 2 sets of engine callout emblems facing the same way on the front of the car. It would be redundant. If you can’t get rid of the ones on the fenders without body and paint work I’d leave them on for now and don’t put any on the new hood.

Carl Holm

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice Challenger.
if it were me I couldn’t have 2 sets of engine callout emblems facing the same way on the front of the car. It would be redundant. If you can’t get rid of the ones on the fenders without body and paint work I’d leave them on for now and don’t put any on the new hood.
You are making a good point! Maybe its better to leave the hood with nothing! Or maybe put the same " 383 four barell" on the hood as well as on the side... But maybe it will be too much..

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site !
the hood emblems are up to you want you want to advertise !
Be careful with the 95 Amp alternator , I highly recommend a 10 ga wire bypass directly to the start relay / battery , the car was never designed for a 95 amp alt & could start a fire at the ammeter gauge in the dash or firewall connection

Carl Holm

Reaction score
Welcome to the site !
the hood emblems are up to you want you want to advertise !
Be careful with the 95 Amp alternator , I highly recommend a 10 ga wire bypass directly to the start relay / battery , the car was never designed for a 95 amp alt & could start a fire at the ammeter gauge in the dash or firewall connection
My dad has Done exactly this! So he knew about the ”issue”.
Thanks.

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard.
Looks like the battery has the terminals reversed. The Negative is normally near the radiator support.
You should replace the battery cables with factory type, not the "temporary" repair type ends you have shown.
Nice looking car.

Katfish

Reaction score
I'd suggest cutting off the studs on the hood emblems and using double back tape to install. That way you don't have to drill the hood and you can see if you like the look.

Stev-o

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas, great looking car! Your English is very good, I have no problem understanding you [my Swedish is very bad!]

Suggest you start a thread in the "Member Restorations" area so we can follow along and answer questions. Member Restorations

Good luck!

Back