• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy

challenger440

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forum and glad to be here. I have a 71 challenger that I've been working on for some time, off and on. More off than on over the last 5 years. Got married, had a son (best thing ever)...life's been busy. I'm getting back into the ongoing project though and am excited. The car was originally my GRANDMOTHER's car, then my Dad had it, and now I do (for the last 10 years). Over the years it's had the 318 replaced with a 440, 727 tranny years back and an 8-3/4 rear end 5-6 years ago. Quickly learned that once you strengthen one part of the drivetrain / suspension, the next weakest link in the chain is broken shortly thereafter. So a few years back I dismantled much of the car and began "anew". Well, that gets expensive real fast as I'm sure you all are very familiar with. I've been toting the carcas with me the last 5 years, heartborken and dissapointed each time we moved, the car in pieces along with my pride. But....Life happened and here we are. Good things come to those who wait, right?

I'll probably post some general questions centered around suspension & stuff, until we get to drivetrain and....ugh, electronics. I'm looking forward to hearing from you experts and chatting about whatever else comes along the way. ....By the way, I find it kinda ironic that there's no forum specifically for handling and suspension (unless I missed it).

Thanks!!

John

Back