• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Here 70 Challenger & 70 CUDA

jjmopar

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Joanne and I have a long MOPAR history that I'll try to shorten up! My first car in 82 was a jacked up Challenger took my drivin test in it and passed and never stopped owning and lovin Challengers!!! Met my Husband at an auto shop 30 yrs ago he had a 70 'CUDA and he liked my Challenger, was a match made in heaven! Fast forward to now after 2 kids we had our cars stored away for 15 yrs then Catostrophic house fire lost 4 vehicles. One of which was my husbands stock 70 'Cuda 383 magnum HP matching #'s burnt very bad Heartbreaking!!! My 70 Plum Crazy Challenger Conv took a hit to the quarter and top and repairing now. Hopin to bring the 'CUDA back in the not so far future. Due to high cost (we recouped nothin from INS for the cars $0, nada, nothing!) it won't be what it was but it will be something special again! The motor was seperated from the 'CUDA and stored elswhere to prevent theft so it was not involved in the fire but the body really suffered.

Well that's my story! I, "we" really look forward to getting back in the swing here. Below are some pics of our MOPARS!
Last pic is 'CUDA Ralleye Hood post fire...

Lookin forward to reconnecting with other MOPAR enthusiasts and any help we can get in findin parts for our cars especially the 'CUDA..... to bring em back!!!!!

Thanks
Joanne & (John soon to join E-bodie forum)
MOPAR Entusiasts, NY

Challenger1 (2)jpeg.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0016.jpg

Last edited:

jjmopar

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! It is a Horrible loss but I thank God everyday that my kids, husband and I got out in time. Our house was a total burn and we were home when it happened. We suffered for a long time this happened 2/18/09. Now we are healing picking up the peices and want to enjoy every minute. Gonna have my Conv on the road soon and John will hopefully have his "CUDA back and we'll be cruisin side by side again but with our kiddoes this time! His car is really hurt but it's only metal after all and there is great insentive, its just so darn expensive now a days!!!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Big tragedy but glad noone was hurt. Very sorry about the Cuda! You guys still have the car? Is it burned beyond repair?

jjmopar

Reaction score
Thanks Motor City! Yes it's burnt but not beyond repair hopefully. A serious amount of repair though. Interior is done needs to be replaced we POR15'd the body to preserve as best as we can until full gut and assessment. It's in our yard covered by a tarp and is very painful to look at. The top to midway & front of the car took the brunt of the heat. Windshield , top of steering wheel, top of seats and top of door panels melted but did not burn. Doors still have paint but not the quarters . Not sure which way we'll go with this but funds or lack there of will decide. Maybe we'll go prostreet, fiberglass nose etc. don't know yet Cost of originial parts are so much maybe will go another way. Will be a huge job and We have 2 little boys and they want to know when daddy's gonna fix the racecar so it has to be done. At this point I don't even know if the road lights are still on it. Will then decide which way to go when we gut it.
The CUDA means so much to us so many memories he's had it since '78 will always be a 383 Hemi Spec #'s matching but one thing I've learned is enjoy whatever you have because it can be gone in a heartbeat so we will do our best to bring him back!
My Challenger is ready for last coat of prime and spray on the quarter and I have to replace the top waiting on it from year one ( were doing it ourselves to cut costs 1st time doin a conv top) and I need to replace quarter wheel chrome and quarter body trim and I'm ready to go then will start the killer job of guttin the Cuda gonna be emotionally difficult for us but has to be done.

Last edited:

jjmopar

Reaction score
Hey Robert! We live in Long Island grew up near City Line Nassau County. Been out east since 87. Nice to see another NYorker!

CudaKeith

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss. Luckily it sounds like your family was safe and that's what is most important. When I was younger, I had a 74 Cuda and heard of a girl who was a true motorhead with a Challenger in the Hershey area. I looked, but never found her. I'm glad you guys found each other and still have each other, everything else could be replaced.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
From another NY'er, welcome aboard!
Ditto here from NY. Which ever way you go will not be cheap. Stock will be worth more since its #s matching BB. I am going the prostreet ride, that is mega buck too. Good luck with your cars and welcome to the forum. Rick

Back