• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New life for my long suffering E body

rogers1941

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve had this one-owner (before me) 1973 318 Challenger since high school. It needs plenty of cosmetic work but trunk pans and floors are all original and almost completely rust free. As I’m sure you all know, life gets in the way so it still sits largely as it did when it was bought. Recently, a friend sold me a freshly rebuilt ‘72 440 and big block 727 for a great price so I’m going to swap it in, repaint in ‘74s Deep Sherwood Green on white and actually give this car the restoration it deserves! My plan is sort of a Day 2 alternate history build where Dodge kept producing these cars as they should’ve been without the gas crisis gutting them. I’m looking forward to picking brains here about the process!

CA9813B8-8528-4DDA-9D79-91E5A6078800.jpeg

97BE9A7E-8E18-4E4D-A58F-E0264D29C667.jpeg

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO! Nice to have you with us! Looks like you've got a decent shape Challenger to start with. Still has its orginal radio still in place. Most of those usually get removed over its lifespan. Again welcome to the forum and good luck with your project. 😀

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Looks like a great one to bring back to life. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Go for it. Will be a pain to get it on the Big Block, but keep that A/C. Especially down in the SouthEast !!

David DiMartino

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve had this one-owner (before me) 1973 318 Challenger since high school. It needs plenty of cosmetic work but trunk pans and floors are all original and almost completely rust free. As I’m sure you all know, life gets in the way so it still sits largely as it did when it was bought. Recently, a friend sold me a freshly rebuilt ‘72 440 and big block 727 for a great price so I’m going to swap it in, repaint in ‘74s Deep Sherwood Green on white and actually give this car the restoration it deserves! My plan is sort of a Day 2 alternate history build where Dodge kept producing these cars as they should’ve been without the gas crisis gutting them. I’m looking forward to picking brains here about the process!

View attachment 94649

View attachment 94650
Welcome to the site. Looks like you are starting put with a good beginning. The people on this site can help you with just about anything you run into problems with. I recently got my 73 Cuda back on the road, much thanks to the members if this site.
Look forward to seeing your progress

Back