• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

vegas70340

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Finally getting back into Mopars after restoring older Mustangs for years.
In the process of buying back a 1970 Chalenger i bought 25 years ago and sold 16 years ago.The present owner bought the car and put it in a garage where it has sat since.Going to Washington State this weekend to get the car.
It is a 340,4-speed car.I built the engine just a little.Comp Cams .480 lift,280/280 duration cam,lifters,double valve springs ,Offy tunnel ram,(2)465 Holleys,Milodon gear drive and headers.Engine had less 500 miles.
I did not cut the hood and it will come with the car.
The only problem I will have is the fender tag is missing.I removed it years ago to paint the engine compartment and lost it.I do remember some of the codes though:E55,A31,A66,D21,FK5.Will look for build sheet.
I will update this forum soon.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I have an `70 FK5 A66 that is an automatic trans car and would love to see some pics of yours. Welcome to the site.

vegas70340

Reaction score
Challenger is home

Picked up the Challenger this past weekend.1800 mile round trip.
The car is a 16 year old Time Machine.Has not been touched the whole time.Paint is scratched from cats loosing traction while climbing on the car.Interior smells old.Engine has rust on the unpainted parts.The car did sit in a large enclosed metal building in Eastern Washington.
My plan was to get it in running condition for Mopars at the Strip in Las Vegas, March11-13.Not sure now.Might embarrass my self.
Still happy about the deal.$8000. And the Fender Tag was in the paper work for the car.Will submit pics soon.
Car is numbers matching.

Last edited:

burntorange70

Reaction score
Picked up the Challenger this past weekend.1800 mile round trip.
The car is a 16 year old Time Machine.Has not been touched the whole time.Paint is scratched from cats loosing traction while climbing on the car.Interior smells old.Engine has rust on the unpainted parts.The car did sit in a large enclosed metal building in Eastern Washington.
My plan was to get it in running condition for Mopars at the Strip in Las Vegas, March11-13.Not sure now.Might embarrass my self.
Still happy about the deal.$8000. And the Fender Tag was in the paper work for the car.Will submit pics soon.

Sweet! Got any pics? Would love to check it out.

I am going to Moparts at the strip this year. If your going let me know. Maybe we can hook up and BS some. Always like to get together with members when I can. Going to be staying at the track in my Trailer and will be there with my Dart. Just an FYI it aint no show car. I bring it any way. If some one has a proublem with that they can kiss my A%%. LOL

So any way. Bring it out that would be cool.

Just seen it is FK5. My Dart is a 340 4 speed FK5 car. We deffinetly need to get them together.

Last edited:

vegas70340

Reaction score
Mopars at the Strip 2011

Sweet! Got any pics? Would love to check it out.

I am going to Moparts at the strip this year. If your going let me know. Maybe we can hook up and BS some. Always like to get together with members when I can. Going to be staying at the track in my Trailer and will be there with my Dart. Just an FYI it aint no show car. I bring it any way. If some one has a proublem with that they can kiss my A%%. LOL

So any way. Bring it out that would be cool.

Just seen it is FK5. My Dart is a 340 4 speed FK5 car. We deffinetly need to get them together.
I will look you up.Will try to have the car there but lots of work to do.If I have to,I will trailer it .

vegas70340

Reaction score
Posted some pics today.Sorry about the car being dirty.Been busy on it.
After removing the first layer of paint on the door,I found a Door Tag,not riveted metal but a decal.I knew the door had been replaced becuase of the Sublime paint.The tag/decal numbers are JS23H0E112951.Typo,years ago?

73 kooda

Reaction score
I think its better when someone buys a car that needs work..any rich guy can buy a done car...great story too...i live in vegas also..do you go to any of the weekend shows...i spent 6 years working on a 65 impala and no matter what i did...it wasnt a cuda...well i aint got money for a 71 so i can have a different grill...so i bought a 73 and im gonna build it my way...if you need a hand holler at me...i got welders hammers dollys..and i learned alot during my impala build..good luck..i talk **** about buying done cars andim gettin my boy a 66 mustang...hey,..i aint got time to work on both...he wanted the stang...andi aint got time to workout the bugs...oh...but he wants my cuda when i die...friggin kids i tell you...

Back