• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Mopar Action

ramenth

Reaction score
Anyone see Gromer's editorial in the latest issue of Mopar Action?

He takes on John Hunkins of Popular Hot Rodding for some disparaging comments made of Hunkins blog about Mopars and Mopar owners. Something along the lines of Mopar owners don't modify their cars and when they do they just aren't worthy of the pages of PHM.

Hunkins is defending himself all over the net, yet took his blog down. Seems to me if he was willing to back up his words his original words would have been left standing.

Ray

Reaction score
Anyone see Gromer's editorial in the latest issue of Mopar Action?

He takes on John Hunkins of Popular Hot Rodding for some disparaging comments made of Hunkins blog about Mopars and Mopar owners. Something along the lines of Mopar owners don't modify their cars and when they do they just aren't worthy of the pages of PHM. Quote

Really? We don't. Not worthy? Comments like that just make me feel so cheap and dirty. LOL. Screw him and his rag mag.

ramenth

Reaction score
Really? We don't. Not worthy? Comments like that just make me feel so cheap and dirty. LOL. Screw him and his rag mag.

Given the sales of his mag compared to other multi-make magazines it seems to me that others have thought the same. I think Hot Rod is outselling him two or three to one.

Popular Hot Rodding, I guess, isn't so popular after all.

But me being a Mopar guy, I tend to stick to these boards and the Mopar mags. I think we all remember Car Craft's A-body build.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
which one are we talking about Popular Chevy Rodding , Chevy Craft , Chev Rod
I gave up on all of the mixed brand rags decades ago , they can think what they want , I still only want to have Mopars & not be like everyone else

Rob C

Reaction score
The Car Craft as of late has been doing MoPars. As of now, there going to town on a Drag only Demon.

He takes on John Hunkins of Popular Hot Rodding

I have seen that quote. I almost can not wait for there next mailing to me to get a subscription. I'llll just have this urge to write down no thanks, I own a MoPar and it's a Hot Ass car that'll never make your mag. Owners choice of course.

ramenth

Reaction score
I gave up on all of the mixed brand rags decades ago , they can think what they want , I still only want to have Mopars & not be like everyone else

I've done the same. Years ago it was High Performance Mopar (some classic stories in the those pages) Mopar Firepower (I think that was the name of it) now it's Mopar Action and Mopar Collectors Guide. And, of course, Joey's sites. More information here than comes out in the mags. More in depth, too.

Hot Rod lost me ages ago when they did a feature on a drop mouth Challenger with a 350 Chevy in it. The words were something along the lines: the owner pulled the 340 and went with the better choice of a small block Chevy. Yup, write words like that and you'll lose Mopar fans. You'll lose me anyway.

Gromer, in his editorial, points out that Hunkins claims to be a Mopar fan then goes on to bash the torsion bar suspension as junk. Really? There's a lot of folks out there modifying and having good success with the t-bar suspension on road courses, autocross, etc. Anyone driven a first gen Camaro or Firebird can tell you that stupid front subframe set up and the coil system provides for a soft, unsure feel of the road in hard cornerning, left unmodified.

Like I said, Hunkins pulled his blog; supposedly for the negativity it generated with the Mopar portion of his mags readership. Hmm, wonder why he got negativity?

Back