• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the E body family

Mopar Fan

Reaction score
My name is Tony and my wife Maria and I just picked up our first E body this past weekend. Now it's a bit of a project. Ok, let's be honest.....it's a BIG project lol! But we're gonna enjoy the hell out of building it and then cruising it, that's for sure! It's a 70 Challenger convertible, matching numbers, 318, automatic, air conditioning car.
Our plans include a full resto and plum crazy paint scheme with white top, interior and side stripes. Everything else is open for discussion.
We're not real sure if the numbers matching engine means a whole lot due to it only being a 318 (plus it already has a 4 barrel intake and aftermarket carb on it. In addition, the previous owner began an R/T transformation and swapped out the hood and grill so it's far from original as it sits).
I will begin a restoration thread as we get started but for now here's a couple of pics I took just after we pulled it from the garage after a 20+ year nap.

1103131140_zps5ab8ba28.jpg

1103131141b_zps651cf24c.jpg

1103131151_zpsf917b059.jpg

photo_zps6f6c601e.jpg

CrispyK74

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from a challenger owner. I personally love the challenger convertibles and can't wait to see the progress of your restoration. Oh yeah congratulations on the vehicle (you made the right choice in car lol)

Mopar Fan

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Still undecided about the avenue to travel with regards to the driveline but I'm sure it'll come to me at some point.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Still undecided about the avenue to travel with regards to the driveline but I'm sure it'll come to me at some point.

Ya that can be a tough one for sure. The 318 is a good motor and can be made to run well and hard with the correct parts. But then it is just as easy to through some thing like a 360 in there and just keep the 318 for future use. A big pro is you have the 318 so as long as it is still usable your GTG.

I am no help at all I know. LOL

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Welcome. Always good to see another comming out of hibernation.
Definately make the car into what will keep you excited in it. But keep/store as many of the original parts as feasible. Be aware that even simple changes like switching from 318 to 360 requires additional mating parts. IE: Internal engine balancing vs external.

Mopar Fan

Reaction score
Well, truth be told, if we stray from the original set up we'll be going all the way to a big block as I have access to a 440 set up that would really keep my interest lol.
I realize that a lot has to be changed for this swap but in the end it may just be the ticket to paradise I've been looking for. Stay tuned and we'll see how it goes....

M

molvig

I am currently working on two convertible challengers, one for the wife and one for myself, you sure have picked a great project, welcome.

Back