• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the site

andypapas1

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the e-bodies only forum!!

I am currently restoring a 1970 Challenger. I got the car a few weeks ago and have been doing some research and will be starting this week!!!!:)

andypapas1

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome!!

I have attached a pic, not sure if it uploaded it may be to large.

P

IMAG0041.jpg

mopar410

Reaction score
Welcome and uhhh remove that splash gaurd lol j/k.Car looks solid and I'm glad someone can get pics to load arggg.

andypapas1

Reaction score
I was thinking of cleaning up the over-spray on the mud guard and re-using it! :)

Car is super clean. I've been looking for a nice one for sometime.

P

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great looking Challenger, how about sharing some more details on it. I am about to start on a `70 myself.

andypapas1

Reaction score
The current plan is 440 4bbl, 4spd Manual, 8 3/4 - 3.55. Black interior, Alpine white, stripe delete..... Alway loved the Vanishing point challenger.

How about yourself?? (DetMatt1)

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The current plan is 440 4bbl, 4spd Manual, 8 3/4 - 3.55. Black interior, Alpine white, stripe delete..... Alway loved the Vanishing point challenger.

How about yourself?? (DetMatt1)

Sounds like a good plan you've got! Has your car ever been apart? I'd be interested in seeing some more before pics of the interior, engine bay, etc. Fender tag and build sheet still with it?
I picked up my `70 a few years back and have been gathering parts for it since. It is very rough but it's a #'s matching 340 auto car with fender tag and build sheet and will be going back to stock. Here is my resto thread from this site.
http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2826

btceng

Reaction score
Welcome. The car looks like a great starting point for your project. Keep us posted.

Don't dis the splash guard, it might have saved the rockers. :laughing9:

andypapas1

Reaction score
Specs on the car:

89,000 original miles, 2 owner car. (2nd owner has had it since 77)
318, power steering, manual drums, auto- floor shift console, Plum Crazy, white interior with white top, 14" with hubcaps.

Pretty low option car but everything is there and original. Fender tag is there and in excellent condition. Pulled rear seat no broadcast sheet there....maybe by heater box?????

andypapas1

Reaction score
Yes, car has had a repaint at some point, but original color is Plum Crazy Purple FC7.

andypapas1

Reaction score
DetMatt1,

I checked out the link you sent of your car. Looks like a great project and it's awesome that it's an A66 car!!! The A66 option was floating around in my head for may car. I like the small block as they offer great performance and a better balanced car.

Are you going to keep it all original? Any time frame for when you want it completed?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
DetMatt1,

I checked out the link you sent of your car. Looks like a great project and it's awesome that it's an A66 car!!! The A66 option was floating around in my head for may car. I like the small block as they offer great performance and a better balanced car.

Are you going to keep it all original? Any time frame for when you want it completed?

Thanks Andy. Yes this one is going back to original. I hope this one only takes a few years but I am now going on 5 years on my `68 Road Runner now and it's not even ready for paint. Soon though!
I am hoping that everything I have learned doing the `68 will make the Challenger go much easier. I am definitely better equipped accross the board to handle it now then I was 5 years ago.:thumbsup:
I agree with you on the combo, I can't wait!

74 challenger

Reaction score
sweet yes i have the movie and welcome wish my car was that nice when i bought it. good luck and god bless

Back