• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

No dash lights or dome lights

Milduff

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm at my wits end. $%^&^%$$ just installed new wiring harnesses into 70 Challenger R/T 440 6 Pack Everything is new ... I cannot get dash lights or dome lights. I've checked everything. I have dash lights plugged into Orange 3 way connector. I have new door switches and their connected to yellow, yellow black wires. what else is there ?? Does everything run thru dimmer control on dash? Wiring was so messed up in this car that I spent the extra money and like I said bought everything new from Yearone. Thanks in advance

Milduff

Reaction score
Moparleo,
Thanks for response, I checked light switch have power there and thru to dimmer control but not out of dimmer (does that make sense?) should I replace dimmer control ? Funny thing is dash and dome lights worked BEFORE I changed all wiring

moparleo

Reaction score
Are you talking about the rheostat in the switch? Check with an volt/ohm gauge for continuity of the rheostat coil. Yes, I meant the dimmer control.

Last edited:

74 challenger

Reaction score
if its bad JS RESTORATIONS slotts a member here rebuilds them.Great guy he did mine. Also check the screw that grounds the dash that holds all your switches.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You can test your dimmer switch woth an ohms meter to see if it has too much resistance (corosion). DOes the coil wirein your dimmer look green? Try a baking soda and water miture on it. If this does not work send it to JS. Jim is the best.

[email protected]

Last edited:

Milduff

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, Spoke with Jim, Everything is gonna be just fine !!!!! Thanks for all the help

Back