• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Old school 'CUDA rocker panel paint

hofilbert

Reaction score
My car has the old school silver with small black spatter paint on the 'Cuda rocker panels. Is this correct for 1970? and also is there some place that sells that look paint? I could probably mimic it with silver and then lightly spatter some black on top, but if there is an aerosol source that would be great. Thanks!

moparlee

Reaction score
Check with Totally Auto and Herbsparts. They both have the textured argent silver in aerosol.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Is this silver on the panels themselves or is this silver on a moulding?

hofilbert

Reaction score
Can someone post a closeup photo showing paint details of an original unrestored but not abused '70 CUDA rocker molding?
My rocker gill molding on my convertible has what I would call "old school" rocker paint. It is a medium silver but with little black speckles in it. I contacted one paint shop to get some of the dark argent paint and they said it is supposed to be a flat semi-textured dark argent on the gills, but black on the back side of the gills. Any comments or suggestions on that subject?

quapman

Reaction score
There was a good thread on this recently, maybe on Moparts? If I recall, the texture is molded into the moldings, so no need for textured paint. I think the black speckles are just overspray from the gilled side.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The mouldings are textured. They are silver and black. Here is a pic I saved in the past from the thread quapman was referring to.
IMG_0405.jpg

hofilbert

Reaction score
Is there any magic to removing these rocker moldings? Like a series of hidden clips? Or just simply remove screws and it falls off.

Back