• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

overhaulin' 70 Barracuda last night

djais1801

Reaction score
Anyone catch the Overhaulin' episode last night where they redid a 70 GC Barracuda? I was disappointed, car was originally a TX9 black car, the owner told Foose to keep it black as it was original and not too many born black, so Foose agrees and then changes gears to his own paint color from his company...purple.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I would take any car Chip Foose would build for me. Didnt have the original motor anyway. Whats wrong with purple?????

js29

Reaction score
I was sick that they did that to a clean body grand coup! shaving door handles on mint condision doors. eliminating marker lights on original quarter's and fenders, then changing the color. that made me SICK! i would not be amused if it were mine

djais1801

Reaction score
I would take any car Chip Foose would build for me. Didnt have the original motor anyway. Whats wrong with purple?????
there's nothing wrong with purple, except for the fact that the owner was asked what color he wanted for his wife, and Foose was told it's been black all its life, in the family all its life and would like it to be black. I'm a fan of purple mopars, but if someone asked me what color I wanted and then a sketch was drawn in that color and agreed to, I'd be pissed if it was changed w/out a consultation, irregardless of consent.

Last edited:

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Let's get one thing straight here they called overhauling to redo their car. Have you ever seen Chip Foose restore a car to stock showroom condition? That was their choice. They could've brought it to graveyard cars and paid $100,000. Just my thought , not trying to pick a fight

72Cuda340

Reaction score
And they actually put a "CUDA" decal on it... even though it was not a Cuda.

djais1801

Reaction score
Let's get one thing straight here they called overhauling to redo their car. Have you ever seen Chip Foose restore a car to stock showroom condition? That was their choice. They could've brought it to graveyard cars and paid $100,000. Just my thought , not trying to pick a fight
I'm not taking this discussion personally rbbruno, I'm not disagreeing with the creativity of the show either, I like most of what he does (except for wheels). That being said, my issue is not with it being purple. My issue is that in the past Foose has drawn a few different renderings and asked the insider which the "mark" would like best. This episode, one sketch was made, and agreed to-he should've called the hubby back in and ran it by him. that's all I'm sayin'

Look at the husbands facial expressions...he's the only one leaning forward with the "WTF" look on his face
bc_zpsnfkei75z.gif

bc4_zps8kgfhx4k.gif

bc3_zpsaii8ddw4.gif

bc2_zpsi9z5va17.gif

fastx

Reaction score
If it was mine I would be happy with it after I put the door handles and the marker lights back on it and repainted it black.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Hey I have been thinking purple for a year now. Now in the mopar world yes purple is getting used a lot. But look at most car shows, there are hardly any mopars and purple was the "mopar" only color beside slime green and pink. Orange, blue, red, black, silver and white half the crowd looking couldn't tell the difference between a red cuda and a red Camaro. they all are colors that are close to another shade done by chevy and ford. Which is why my barracuda is going purple. Wether it's over done or not,cause in my neck of the woods I'd rather a purple cuda to park beside the 80 chevy orange 69 camaros lol.

Last edited:

aussiemark

Reaction score
Most Mopars and especially 1970-71 E bodies do not need any modifications at all period, they are perfection in their stock standard specification any change is just plain vandalism in my opinion. Even the most basic car is a very sleek work of art and should be left that way those wheels, the missing door handles and marker lamps do not improve the car in any way.

godofhorseshoes

Reaction score
Saw it. hated it. That car should have been kept the original color.Who paints a car purple not even purple correct for the year and leaves the hood black or gray or whatever that is? I hate the wheels and tires, they look like something a pimp would have,keep it original please and the White Cuda emblem on the Quarters does nothing for me. I have a 70 challenger 440 six pack and if foose did this to my ride, i would never forgive him.You don't turn a 70 cuda into a pimp mobile,you restore it tastefully to original condition.This hurts its value and the customer may or may not have been informed that changing it like this does hurt its value.Bottom line, their car, their choice,It just gets me a little bent when I see a true classic basically disrespected like this. If you want to make a squirrel wagon,get a 74 Pinto. No one cares about them. Ok I'm done with my rant.Only ones mans opinion, so don't get too bent people.

volcanocar

Reaction score
I'm with you, I hate fooses designs. I could render circles around him. He picks non factory one off colors that would be near impossible to match if something happened to it. Wheels that are so huge and chrome that it kills performance... The only thing and I mean the only thing good about the show is that it helps these people get a car running that would ordinarily rot to pieces and never get running.

djais1801

Reaction score
I like Garage Squad...they don't completely overhaul the car… They just get it back to running and driving condition
I'm with you, I hate fooses designs. I could render circles around him. He picks non factory one off colors that would be near impossible to match if something happened to it. Wheels that are so huge and chrome that it kills performance... The only thing and I mean the only thing good about the show is that it helps these people get a car running that would ordinarily rot to pieces and never get running.

Back