• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Parking Brake long threaded hook for equalizer Where does it anchor?

Sparkey

Reaction score
I have a 73 Challenger I just purchased that I am trying to get ready to register and pass the Massachusetts inspection. The intermediate parking brake cable and all connectors were missing. I purchased all the parts but I can't figure out exactly where the equalizer hook anchors into the cross member. All the holes I see seem to be way to big for the hook. Can someone tell me or show me where it is suppose to hook?

rklein71

Reaction score
For a 71 Barracuda

Capture.PNG

Sparkey

Reaction score
Thanks for the diagram. That is the diagram I used to order the parts. The problem I'm having is there are a few holes in the area where the rod is suppose to attach but they all look too big for the rod so I dont know which lne to hook into. There is an oval slot that I think might be the right place but I am not sure.

rklein71

Reaction score
I put sub-frame connectors on my 71 so I welded up a tab on the inside of the connectors and made my own J-hook that is shorter, otherwise I would shoot you a picture.

Sparkey

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. I crawled back under today to confirm that I had it in the correct hole. I did, but all the holes just seemed way too big for the size of the rod. All set for now. Thanks for the help.

Back