• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

PDR on my 73 Cuda

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
93180-3bf8cf2793c9bb00e4bf34aa7a2f8bd2.jpg

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Yes I will be repainting the car at some point, I just want to take the dent out as best I can my self. I will be taking it down to the metal when I start that process and work my way through body work and primer then paint. Thanks for the tips on pulling it out guys.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Are you trying to apply any force from behind. I think it might help. Just curious how it's going to come out.

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Yes once the glue is secure at the correct temp I will pull and push from behind.

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Project is on hold until I can get back to it. I had to attend to other vehicles issues radiator replacement in a charger and
broken rear side topper window ( someone wanting something in my truck bed such a pain! ) I made a sheet metal
cover for it, not sure I going to replace it. $ 560.00 replacement cost. I hope to get back to the Cuda in February. I'll update when I do.
I may try hydraulics to push also from inside to help push out dent thinking about it.

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Started working on PDR on the Cuda. Using it on the front right side of the header panel passenger side working out good.
I have a few dents that the paint was missing so just using home made tools to push them back.
I am using hydraulics push the lower quarter panel out then I will be using PDR tools to workout the dents that need work.

IMG_3104-dents2.jpg

IMG_5094-dents1.jpg

IMG_9964[1].JPG

IMG_9962.JPG

IMG_9963.JPG

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Still working on them. I will post more pictures on them before I sand and primer the header panel. also the progress on the quarter panel progress.

IMG_9740 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9742 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9745 - Copy.JPG

cuda joe

Reaction score
  • nice porta power set up on the quarter keep us updated thanks

gzig5

Reaction score
Looking great! Any way to show how you are moving material on the front of that driver's fender? Mine is bent in a similar manner, and I was thinking I would need to remove the headlight framing to access the back of it to pull out the crease. You obviously didn't do that, so I'm curious.

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
I had to cut some of back plate that covers the headlight behind the head light plash shield. Used a steel rods and some custom rods
to help push out the dents from behind. I also covered the ends of the tools I made with Gorilla tape to protect from any sharp edges.
I had to replace the tape a few time because it gets worn.

IMG_0048a - Copy.jpg

IMG_0047b[1] - Copy.jpg

IMG_0046AAAbbb - Copy.jpg

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
I have made some progress in pushing out the dent to start the PDR. it is working but slow process. Here are a few photos
of the progress. I used the poll on a wall with 2x6 and 2x4s to reinforce when using the porta power on the dents inside the car.
I also used the porta power inside the window well to push out in some areas.
the first one is before doing any PDR just pushed it out.

DHEN9322 - Copy.jpg

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Here are the ones during PDR.Only working on the upper section above body line at this point. still need to but out lower indent.
I am registered for Mopars in the park in Stillwater MN ( june 2,3,4) if you want to look at it more. Thanks for all the help and pointers on doing this.

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Last edited:

cuda joe

Reaction score
It;s taking shape you almost have it ready for body filler for the smaller low spots that you can;t push out we use a stud gun to pull them out thanks for your pictures and up date

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Sorry for the long pause! I will be starting up again now that winter is here again. I'll post the new progress on the panel.
I'll have to take it a part again. Had fun driving it around this summer!

cuda joe

Reaction score
thanks for posting your progress and a happy thanksgiving to you

Back