• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

People crack me up...

ramenth

Reaction score
I live in smallish city of about 30,000 people. It's the dangedest place for red lights. A buddy of mine made the comment one day when he came to my place on his Harley, "This place sucks for red lights."

I drive in this traffic everyday. What always kills me is that the people here know the traffic patterns, know the traffic lights, and still drive like children. Case in point: the streets I drive to come home is a row of traffic lights, all of them out of sync with each other, meaning that no matter what speed you're going, you're going to be stopped by 'em. But people still insist on tailgaiting, trying to push you to go faster. What's the hurry? No matter how fast you go, the lights are spread out just far enough that all you're doing is rushing ahead to get stopped by the next light. So, you're in a hurry to sit longer at the light? Makes no sense.

I'm not ranting. I just find the way a lot of folks drive to one of an attitude of obliviousness towards their surroundings. The same folks who drive around town with their high beams on because they never look down at their dashes.

Back